Incredible Cleaning Tips Using Incredible Simple Methods
Nowadays we are surrounded with so many ads of cleaning products that promise magical effect and cost way too much. Let us help you in the battle for a clean home and reintroduce you to some common ingredients that can make your life stainless and sparkling clean.
Time to Bake the Cake and Clean the Oven
We are starting with the most famous of all cooking ingredients that can be used for cleaning purposes. Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda is known under many names such as cooking soda, bicarbonate of soda and bread soda. This magical salt can be used in various ways outside the cooking area:
- It can get rid of domestic insects like ants, cockroaches and it can even prevent mold and mildew from growing and spreading.
- Baking soda absorbs strong odors, and it can be used as a light disinfectant, therefore, it is perfect for cleaning kitchen counters, tables, and even toilets.
- You can put it in the washing machine if you don't have fabric softener. As a plus, the soda will clean the inside plumbing and make the water softer.
- Coffee stains on your upholstery? No problem a mix from water and soda will make it as good as cleaned by a professional domestic cleaning company.
- Do you have silver jewelry that has started go get discolored over time? Baking soda will help with that. Just boil the jewelry in question with three-four tablespoons of baking soda. You can use sodium bicarbonate to clean different aluminum surfaces.
A Tablespoon of Vinegar a Day, Keeps the Germs Away
Number two in our list of well-known cleaners is vinegar. What exactly is vinegar you ask, well it is a simple mix of water and fermented ethanol. The fermentation is a result of the influence of the acetic acid bacteria. Vinegar is known in every household not only for its culinary qualities but also for its cleaning characteristics.
- You can clean all sorts of hard surfaces with vinegar - floors, tiles, toilets.
- Do you have a dirty window or mirror? Vinegar is here to save the day. There is a reason why the London skyscrapers have so shiny windows, using vinegar sprayed on a newspaper as a window cleaner is an old British tradition.
- No need to use bleach to return the witness in your clothes, you just have to add a small amount of vinegar in the final wash of your laundry machine
- If your drain or pipes are clogged, you can use vinegar to unblock and clean them.
- Vinegar, similar to the baking soda can be used as an odor remover and fabric softener.
The Citrus Exterminator
Lime juice like the vinegar and the baking soda has high acidity levels and is perfect not only for making margaritas but for cleaning the kitchen afterward. You can use lime juice in a similar way as the first two ingredients in our list, It all depends on personal preference and on what you have in your pantry.
- Lime juice has great cleaning and disinfectant qualities and it is easy to work with. For making a stronger cleaning solution you can add vinegar or baking soda.
- It is a great stain remover especially when it comes to oil stains.
- Lime juice or lemon juice in that matter can be used when cleaning copper or for polishing silverware. A big plus is a pleasant smell that these citrus fruits leave.
- You can use lime juice to make candles and other aromatherapeutic items in order to purify the air and bring a sense of freshness and cleanliness in the home.
- And of course, after the hard day of cleaning around the house don't forget that limes and lemons are an essential ingredient to many refreshing beverages.
A Shining Smile and a Shining Home
Incredible but a fact, toothpaste can be used as a cleaning solution not only for your teeth. Its hidden qualities are due to the presence of sodium bicarbonate and salt in its chemical composition.
- You can use toothpaste for cleaning all sorts of metal surfaces, silver jewelry, cutlery and even as a rust remover.
- Toothpaste is great for cleaning bathrooms and all types of chrome surfaces like drains, shower heads, and taps. Everything will be sparkling clean and as a bonus, you will be left with one pleasant smelling room.
- While brushing your teeth why not polish the lavishing diamond ring on your hand? Toothpaste can be used to clean and return the shiness in diamonds and other expensive crystals.
- Do you have coffee and water stains on your furniture? Do not be alarmed simply clean them with a little toothpaste and polish it with a damp cloth. The damaged places will return their former condition and be unnoticeable.
Coca-Cola is the most famous soft drink on the planet but did you know it can be used as a cleaning agent?
- Coke can get rid of not only your bad mood, but it can successfully be used as a rust remover from all sorts of metal surfaces. It can also be used to loosen up rusted bolts and locks.
- We have to mention that you can use coke to clean not only your house but also your car and particularly your car's engine and car battery terminals.
- Coke like toothpaste has a great effect on chrome surfaces and can be used as a bathroom cleaning solution.
- Coke is a great paint and marker remover. You can use it to clean your carpets and furniture. Just rub, leave for a couple of minutes and then wash it off with soapy water.
- Bonus tip for the child in you: Buy a bottle of diet coke and a pack of mentos. Go to your backyard and have some explosive fun, you deserve it!
Planning a kitchen can be an overwhelming task especially when you have many things in your ‘To Do’ list. You need to dream big, perceive what would look best and take a cue from the interior designer.
A shelf can easily turn a small room into a big room enriched with design and style. A shelf is long, flat wood which is attached to the wall and helps in providing support to objects. A shelf helps in arranging your items together. It makes your space look more organized.
Shutters are an ideal addition to revamp the look of your homes. It adds as a perfect protective covering to your house and keeps intruders at bay. A good shutter always maintains an optimum temperature inside the house and thereby cuts down electricity bills to a great extent.
Eco-dumpster services have become very popular in recent times. It is particularly beneficial to construction companies and can even be used for numerous residential purposes. This has resulted in a difficulty for us to choose the right eco-dumpster service
Your bath or shower keep you clean, but when the time comes to return the favor, things can go downhill fast. From mildewed grout and discolored tiles to soap scum and stuck-down hairs, you’d best be equipped with plenty of patience—and possibly a hazmat suit—to tackle this unpopular task.
Building the home of your dreams and wondering how you can make it stand out from the rest of your neighbours? Changing up the exterior cladding on your house is a great way to make your house the talk of the street. Here are 6 cladding ideas to consider when designing your dream home: