Incredible Cleaning Tips Using Incredible Simple Methods
Nowadays we are surrounded with so many ads of cleaning products that promise magical effect and cost way too much. Let us help you in the battle for a clean home and reintroduce you to some common ingredients that can make your life stainless and sparkling clean.
Time to Bake the Cake and Clean the Oven
We are starting with the most famous of all cooking ingredients that can be used for cleaning purposes. Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda is known under many names such as cooking soda, bicarbonate of soda and bread soda. This magical salt can be used in various ways outside the cooking area:
- It can get rid of domestic insects like ants, cockroaches and it can even prevent mold and mildew from growing and spreading.
- Baking soda absorbs strong odors, and it can be used as a light disinfectant, therefore, it is perfect for cleaning kitchen counters, tables, and even toilets.
- You can put it in the washing machine if you don't have fabric softener. As a plus, the soda will clean the inside plumbing and make the water softer.
- Coffee stains on your upholstery? No problem a mix from water and soda will make it as good as cleaned by a professional domestic cleaning company.
- Do you have silver jewelry that has started go get discolored over time? Baking soda will help with that. Just boil the jewelry in question with three-four tablespoons of baking soda. You can use sodium bicarbonate to clean different aluminum surfaces.
A Tablespoon of Vinegar a Day, Keeps the Germs Away
Number two in our list of well-known cleaners is vinegar. What exactly is vinegar you ask, well it is a simple mix of water and fermented ethanol. The fermentation is a result of the influence of the acetic acid bacteria. Vinegar is known in every household not only for its culinary qualities but also for its cleaning characteristics.
- You can clean all sorts of hard surfaces with vinegar - floors, tiles, toilets.
- Do you have a dirty window or mirror? Vinegar is here to save the day. There is a reason why the London skyscrapers have so shiny windows, using vinegar sprayed on a newspaper as a window cleaner is an old British tradition.
- No need to use bleach to return the witness in your clothes, you just have to add a small amount of vinegar in the final wash of your laundry machine
- If your drain or pipes are clogged, you can use vinegar to unblock and clean them.
- Vinegar, similar to the baking soda can be used as an odor remover and fabric softener.
The Citrus Exterminator
Lime juice like the vinegar and the baking soda has high acidity levels and is perfect not only for making margaritas but for cleaning the kitchen afterward. You can use lime juice in a similar way as the first two ingredients in our list, It all depends on personal preference and on what you have in your pantry.
- Lime juice has great cleaning and disinfectant qualities and it is easy to work with. For making a stronger cleaning solution you can add vinegar or baking soda.
- It is a great stain remover especially when it comes to oil stains.
- Lime juice or lemon juice in that matter can be used when cleaning copper or for polishing silverware. A big plus is a pleasant smell that these citrus fruits leave.
- You can use lime juice to make candles and other aromatherapeutic items in order to purify the air and bring a sense of freshness and cleanliness in the home.
- And of course, after the hard day of cleaning around the house don't forget that limes and lemons are an essential ingredient to many refreshing beverages.
A Shining Smile and a Shining Home
Incredible but a fact, toothpaste can be used as a cleaning solution not only for your teeth. Its hidden qualities are due to the presence of sodium bicarbonate and salt in its chemical composition.
- You can use toothpaste for cleaning all sorts of metal surfaces, silver jewelry, cutlery and even as a rust remover.
- Toothpaste is great for cleaning bathrooms and all types of chrome surfaces like drains, shower heads, and taps. Everything will be sparkling clean and as a bonus, you will be left with one pleasant smelling room.
- While brushing your teeth why not polish the lavishing diamond ring on your hand? Toothpaste can be used to clean and return the shiness in diamonds and other expensive crystals.
- Do you have coffee and water stains on your furniture? Do not be alarmed simply clean them with a little toothpaste and polish it with a damp cloth. The damaged places will return their former condition and be unnoticeable.
Coca-Cola is the most famous soft drink on the planet but did you know it can be used as a cleaning agent?
- Coke can get rid of not only your bad mood, but it can successfully be used as a rust remover from all sorts of metal surfaces. It can also be used to loosen up rusted bolts and locks.
- We have to mention that you can use coke to clean not only your house but also your car and particularly your car's engine and car battery terminals.
- Coke like toothpaste has a great effect on chrome surfaces and can be used as a bathroom cleaning solution.
- Coke is a great paint and marker remover. You can use it to clean your carpets and furniture. Just rub, leave for a couple of minutes and then wash it off with soapy water.
- Bonus tip for the child in you: Buy a bottle of diet coke and a pack of mentos. Go to your backyard and have some explosive fun, you deserve it!
Window shutters are an amazing home improvement idea on any home. They add a dash of classical style and elegance to your home while at the same time offering protection against extreme weather. When well chosen, shutters blend perfectly with the rest of your home’s decor to improve curb appeal and add value to the entire property.
A mattress is considered a major investment and it might feel overwhelming shopping for one. Consider that the quality of your mattress will affect your sleep quality. Do not forget that a choice of mattress is unique to you and depends on your sleeping position and the best side to sleep on
Is your car always parked outside? Or your car park is so small your cars cannot fit inside? Either way, you still have to protect your car. If you are to protect your vehicles without spending so much in a garage construction, then a carport is a great solution for you.
Since ancient times, marble has always been a top favorite for home decor, countertops, and flooring. This is due to the reason that marbles symbolize splendor and refined taste. But no matter how sturdy cultured marbles are, they are still subjected to damages.
There are few things in life as charming as sitting in front of a fireplace on a chilly day. Read the latest novel or sip your favourite drink or a cup of tea and life is total bliss. Fireplaces are one of the must-have at any homes. They add to the décor and at the same time keep your room warm and comfortable inside when it is chilly outdoors.
When it comes to cladding for exterior walls of the home, people often think about the conventional options that have been there for generations. Even though these happen to be great, still a modern variant that should not be overlooked is metal cladding.
In every building construction, scaffolding is very important in creating a safe environment. It is used in different purpose that is very helpful in every construction project. The scaffolds help to lift the materials needed in the construction. Scaffolding holds seriously heavy loads so that it needs to be stable and strong to ensure the safeness of the mason and materials.
Winter is more than just cold weather season, it can also be home flooding season. As a result of burst pipes due to freezing weather, many people end up with flooding in their homes during the winter months. This can cause more problems than just the pipe burst.