How to Resolve the Error “Ink Cartridges Locked to Another Printer” on HP Printer
Printers are the most widely used devices in small/big offices or in the home. From businessman to school going student everyone needs this exclusive device in order to complete their daily tasks. There are a number of printing devices and brands available in the marketplace and Hewlett Packard is one among them. HP printers are extremely famous for their longevity and high-quality performance, but if you do not pay attention to their maintenance and repair, you will get huge technical faults.
There are numerous types of error a user can face while working on HP printers such as connection problems, paper jam, paper feed, and the most frustrating Ink Cartridges locked to another printer. If you are dealing with the same situation, do not worry, we are here to sort it out.
What does the error message indicate “ink cartridges are locked for another printer”?
Whenever you buy ink cartridges for your HP Printer that cartridge is 100% genuine. Once you have installed the ink cartridges on your HP Printer it will mark as secured, which means the cartridges can only be used with that specific printer only. If you want to buy a printer that uses the same link then do not expect that you can use the same ink cartridges in your new printer as it is locked to your old printer. And if your printer is showing error message i.e. “HP Protected Cartridges installed Replace Cartridges” that clearly means that you cannot reuse the same ink cartridges.
We totally understand how frustrating the situation is and why you would want to stop this from happening. The reason behind this is:
- It is impossible to use or manufacture it again on any other printer.
- Using the same ink cartridges of your old printer to the new one is not possible.
- You cannot Refill or landfill the cartridges
What are the reasons for getting ink cartridges error message on HP Printer?
There are mainly two reasons for getting the ink cartridges locked error message on your HP Printer i.e.
- First, check the printer you are using in which the ink cartridges are enabling or disabling. If it is enabled then there will be a chance of getting this error message on your computer screen.
- Secondly, the situation may occur that the chip you are using for your new printer was previously used in your old HP printer and are made of genuine HP cartridges and on that printer, the setting of ink cartridges is enabled. In that case, you cannot reuse the same ink cartridges in your current printer.
Method of disabling the error message or ink cartridges protection of HP printer
There are two methods through which you can resolve this kind of error message:
1. If your HP printer does not consist of any internet feature. In such condition, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to printer Menu> Settings
- Select the option to disable the HP cartridges protection
- Click Apply and Save
2. If your HP printer consists of internet features.
- Open Web browser> Enter your HP Printer’s IP address
- You will get an HP Printer which is attached to the web server> Click Settings>Select HP cartridges protection
- Select disable HP cartridges protection> Click Apply or Save
This is the most frustrating issue which a user can face with their printer. If you are facing the same situation then you can use the above-mentioned troubleshooting guidelines. If still, you are unable to resolve them, then the last option you have is to take help from the Hewlett Packard printer tech support service. Their expert customer executive and high-skilled techies will solve your problem within just a couple of minutes.
Almost everyone that wants to decorate their house they have moved into or bought or recently owned wants to personalize the house according to their style and comfort. While putting a lot of money into extra fancy wallpapers and paint jobs is one way to achieve that, it does not relate personally to everyone and as already mentioned, it is costly.
With the latest MacBook Pro in the market that has an impressive 13-inch chassis with or without a touch bar and touch ID, you may find yourself in affix when you have to make a choice between the two types.
Irrespective of the industry, almost each and every business need graphic designers at some point in time. In this digital era, businesses have been taken to the Internet. Every business now needs a website to market their services and products.
A printer is a basic need for every businessman and individuals too. You can print your official documents, images, hoardings, banners, and students can effectively make their assignments, complete their theses, with the help of the printing device. There are so many options available in the marketplace these days and among them, Hewlett Packard is one of the most renowned brands.