How to Recover from Tendonitis Faster
Tendonitis is a tendon inflammation that can develop in any tendon of your body. The cause of its development varies according to the age of the patient. In addition, there are general causes, common for any age group.
Specific Causes for Developing Tendonitis
An inadequate strain is among the most common causes of developing inflammation in people above 40. This is a problem of many athletes and musicians, whose tendons undergo a colossal strain due to repetitive movements.
In the elderly age, the body tissues lose their elastin due to age changes. The amount of elastin fibers that provide the tendon with elasticity and ability to stretch gets reduced. On the contrary, the amount of collagen that makes them rigid grows with age. These changes create conditions for a fast inflammatory process development if there is even the slightest precondition.
Common Causes for Developing Tendonitis
These causes can occur in people of any profession and age.
- Anatomic skeletal pathologies (different length of legs, wrong bone position, leg crookedness, flat-footedness etc.)
- Injuries in the areas of the tendon
- Autoimmune diseases
- Metabolic disorders
Symptoms of Tendonitis
The symptoms develop with the progress of the disease and may lead to a ruptured tendon if neglected. These are:
- Pain after intensive work or training that becomes constant with time. It increases when you move actively or press on the inflamed tendon.
- As the inflammation progresses, there may be problems with joint mobility, reddening, increased skin temperature at the place of inflammation.
- Cracking sounds and crepitation in the inflamed tendon
- The appearance of compactions in the tendon – this is how the fibrous tissue replaces the damaged one. Sometimes there are calcium gatherings, especially in shoulders.
How to Take Care Of Yourself with Tendonitis
First, you should visit a doctor. Missing even one day of treatment matters, especially if you are an athlete or musician who needs to recover as fast as possible. Here are the basics you need for your sick tendon.
- Provide immobility for the inflamed tendon. The period depends on how severe the inflammation is. Usually, it’s about 1-4 weeks. If after the fourth week there is no relief, the disease may have gone chronic.
- Follow a proper diet. It will help your body overcome the disease. Increase the amount of proteins, amino acids, minerals, vitamins and balance the hormones. A specialist will help you to maintain a healthy menu.
- Put cold on your sore tendon but do it only for the two first days you feel the pain. Cold makes the blood vessel constrict and makes it difficult for nutrients and oxygen to get to the inflamed tendon, which is crucial for recovery.
- Don’t get too excited about analgesics. They relieve your pain but may slow down the recovery process if taken too long.
- Warm up your body with exercises (but exclude your inflamed tendon). This will boost the blood circulation and provide it with all the necessary nutrients for a faster recovery.
Alternative Treatment Options
If the conservative measures had little effect, but you feel skeptical about getting a surgery, you can try an alternative tendonitis treatment strategies. These are Eastern alternative medicine techniques and innovative stem cell therapy. Stem cell therapy is a fairly new treatment option which has also been used to successfully treat degenerative knees, hips, shoulders, feet, and ankles. But they have been particularly successful in treating tendonitis.
Still, you should be careful with them, and if you don’t see relief soon, you will have to look for towards surgery. The disease will progress if not treated properly, so don’t waste your time and solve the problem.
Normally, uric acid dissolves in our blood and passes through our kidneys but sometimes, when too much of uric acid production occurs in our body and kidneys become unable to excrete the uric acid properly, then the level of the uric acid increases in the blood, needle-like urate crystals are formed in the joint which results in inflammation, swelling and pain, this condition is known as Gout.
If you want to reduce your symptoms from allergies caused by dry air or suffering from scratchy throats or clogged nasal passages and even eczema, you need to stay away from all the common mistakes involving your humidifier. Always follow the instructions and recommendations from the manufacturer for maintaining and using your unit.
Basically, these are swollen veins in your lower rectum and anus similar to varicose veins. Hemorrhoids have a number of etiological factors but the exact cause is unknown. They may result from the increased pressure on these veins during pregnancy or from straining during bowel movements
Herbal health care products have become extremely important in this day and age considering how most of us, with the obvious exception of sportspersons, are leading sedentary lives where we are causing all types of harm to our body with our diet, lack of exercise to name a few.
Many of you may have heard of home natural remedy for healing and health. But most people are not using home natural healing or health remedy. When they are sick, they will still look for a doctor.
An allergy is a hypersensitive reaction of the body when it comes into contact with a foreign substance. The hypersensitive response comes from the natural immune system and ranges from a slightly uncomfortable feeling to a fatal anaphylaxis. Seasonal allergies are quite common.
Ulcerative Colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease, in which inner lining of the colon (the large intestine) and rectum get inflamed, and lead to ulceration in the digestive tract. The inflammation generally starts in the rectum and extends upward to the entire colon.