Everything You Need to Know About the Reblocking Process
Most of the houses are nowadays being built around wooden stumps which increase the house level and also strengthen the foundation. However, as the wooden stumps get old, they lose their durability, and begin to wither away, thereby causing the house huge damage in case the property collapse. This is why stumps are then replaced and new ones are added.
There are two main processed in which the stumps can be changed- restumping and reblocking. However, in the following content, we will discuss only the reblock process, what does it mean, what happens during reblocking the house, the benefits, etc.
What is reblocking the house?
When the old timber stumps fail to hold the strong foundation, due to one or many reasons, homeowners need to think about replacing them with new ones. Reblocking is the process in which the older wooden stumps are replaced by the new ones. However, these new stumps aren’t made of wood like the previous pieces.
Rather, when you will plan to reblock your house, you need to replace the old stumps using steel or iron rods having the same thickness. In relocking, all the wooden stumps are not replaced. Rather, it is only the worn-out stumps that get replaced by the metallic pillars.
When the reblocking is done?
Even though many house owners now prefer the reblocking process, they aren’t aware of the symptoms which actually lead to the replacement of the timber stumps. So, here are a few reasons that will tell you whether or not to reblock the below stumps.
- If the floor has a slanting slope with irregularities, you need to reblock the foundation so that the floor’s axes can be set properly and you wouldn’t have to worry about water clogging.
- If the tile floors are cracking or forming chips from the groove ends, you need to reblock the floor. Tiles usually break when the foundation is not strong and these blocks fail to handle the pressure above. So, if you want the tiles to stay strong, replacing the stumps will be best.
- Due to poor ventilation, most times, the wooden stumps become moist due to high humidity, which further gives rise to dry rot, and decay. As a result, the foundation will become weak. However, the reblocking process will help you to further strengthen the base and remove the moisture from the sticks.
What factors should one consider when choosing the best contractor for reblocking?
Since now you know the symptoms which describe the situations where you need to look for reblocking, here we will discuss a few ways in which you can hire the best contractor for doing the same work.
- Experience: always choose the contractor who has gained a lot of experience in the field. He should know how to reblock the house and in what condition to ensure that the foundation becomes strong and the problems wither away.
- Reputation: the next thing you need to know is the reputation of the contractor. He should have a high reputation and a well-known name so that they can provide the best service.
- Expertise: the contractor should be an expert in reblocking. This process is very cumbersome and needs a lot of precaution and care. If the contractor is not properly skilled, he wouldn’t be able to do the job perfectly, which will further weaken your foundation.
- Cost: even though reblocking is a costly process, you will obviously want to save as much money as possible. For this reason, request a quote from the contractor and then check whether the quoted price is at all at par with your budget or not.
Whenever you want to strengthen your foundation or remove the decaying wooden stumps, you need to think about reblocking. With this process, you can even increase the area of the home and extend it to make more rooms then make sure you have to get in touch with reblocking experts.
Corona Virus spreads through the droplets emanated when an infected person coughs or exhales. It can also be transmitted by touching the nose or eyes after being contacted by an infected surface or person. Its most common symptoms are fever, dry cough, and tiredness, but if the situation worsens, the virus attacks the respiratory system and kills the human being
During winters, we all prepare ourselves well for the chilly weather. But we never realise the damage that winters can cause to the traditional piping systems that are being used
The kitchen is the most used and less focused part of the home. Even if they fulfilling so many requirements of our daily life, we don’t get time to give proper attention to its style and design. However, it also requires as much attention as any other room of your house needs.
Whenever the main goal is to use stickers, the main debate is associated with the materials used. Stickers can either be made out of paper or premium quality
Outdoor furniture is different from indoor furniture when it comes to maintenance needs. People tend to put recliner chairs or couches on their patio or backyards.
When it comes to trending bedroom design, nothing has taken the interior design world by storm quite like the Japanese bedroom. The Japanese approach to bedroom decor has become increasingly popular thanks to its pared-back, minimalist approach to design.
Like every company needs rebranding once in a while, you also need to modify your house interiors to add some extra spice to your lifestyle. Planning every day wisely, having a healthy diet and exercise regimen is not enough.
Technologies are getting smarter day by day. With the introduction of artificial intelligence and long-distance sensors, appliances can now be operated with a remote control or smartphones. For example, you can now say goodbye to the old padlock doors and install a smart security system that can be controlled via your phone over Bluetooth or the wifi adapter.
If you're looking for ways to beautify your home or apartment, we've got some great tips to follow on how best to maintain it's exterior and interior.