Engineering Branches and How To Decide which one to Choose One?
The most common question that every child who has passed the 12th standard HSC exam faces is what should I do next? And the most common answer to this applies to study engineering. This leads to the creation of a dilemma over whether to choose to study it or not?
With the tremendous rise in the number of colleges providing professional studies has increased there has been observed a significant rise in applicants for studying it. Almost 1.5 Million engineers are created every year from approximately 3500 engineering colleges across the country and there has been observed a whopping drop in the number of vacancies for engineers making everything contradict itself. Apart from that, there will always be an extraordinary need of proficient and capable engineers who would use their skills for the advancement of the society.
For those who aspire to implement their knowledge and abilities for the development of the industry or society and become a resourceful asset for the development of the society must apply for studying this professional course. Then comes the question of which stream or discipline should be chosen?
There are many streams that are specific to the field and thus it is essential that one should choose the specific stream according to their interests. Some of these disciplines are given below:
1. Aeronautical: This profession is the learning, planning, designing, and maintenance of flight-capable machines or techniques of operating aircraft.
2. Aircraft Maintenance: The professionals belonging in this field work under the supervision or even in collaboration with the aeronautical engineers for the maintenance of aircraft engines, frame, other electrical systems, etc.
3. Agricultural and Irrigation: The applications of biological and scientific principles are applied for the agricultural and irrigational purposes.
4. Aerospace: This field deals with the development of aircraft and other space crafts, satellites, and missiles.
5. Mechanical: This field uses the ideologies of engineering, physics, and mathematics for the purposes of planning, analyzing, designing, and maintenance of mechanical machines and many other systems.
6. Civil: This profession deals with the designing, constructing and maintaining of man-made or naturally built structures and buildings. This field is one of the sub-disciplines of military engineering.
7. Instrumentation: The instrumentation engineer has to develop, install, and maintain the machinery and equipment used for the purposes of monitoring machinery.
8. Computer Science: This field of profession is the combination of computer science and computer techniques and studies. And covers only the digital aspects and factors of electronics while focusing on the basic elements of programming and networking.
9. Chemical: This field uses the principles of chemistry, mathematics, and physics for the purposes of production, transformation, and utilization of material to create energy.
10. Electrical: This profession involves the study of the implementation of the electrical, electronics and electromagnetic principles.
11. Electrical and Electronics: This field compacts the study and implementation of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism principles.
12. Agricultural: Agricultural Engineering is the field that studies the agricultural production and processing.
13. Automobile: This discipline integrates the principles of mechanical, electrical, electronic and software for the scheming, manufacturing, and procedure of the automobiles.
14. Industrial: This branch deals with the optimization of complex processes and systems of an organization so that there is no such waste of time, energy, other resources as well as monetary losses.
15. Manufacturing: This field is concerned with the studying, understanding, and application of various methodologies for the manufacturing and production purposes.
16. Marine: This discipline deals with the engineering of boats, ships, cruise, submarines, oil rigs and other marine vessels utilizing the oceanographic technology.
17. Metallurgical: This field of profession deals with the study of the production of high-quality metallic products through various stages of manufacturing processes for the creation of the final product.
18. Ceramic: This stream uses the science and methodology for the creation of objects using inorganic and non-metallic products utilizing techniques with heat or low temperature.
19. Mining: This discipline implements the principles for the extraction of minerals and chemicals from the earth and is associated with many other arenas.
20. Bio-Medical: Bio-Medical Engineering incorporates the fundamental principles of engineering to medicine and biology for medical purposes.
21. Electronics and Communication: This field implements the utilization of factors of science and mathematics for practical purposes.
22. Electronics and Instrumentation: This field of study implements provide training in the field of electronic control and communications alongside the study of instrumentation, data communication, and network.
23. Electronics and Telecommunication: This stream deal with the study of various aspects of designing different telecommunications equipment.
24. Genetic: It is the field related with direct manipulation and study of genetic formations by the use of biotechnology.
25. Production: This discipline implements the technology with management science to achieve smooth and problem free production processes.
26. Petrochemical: This field deals with the processes involved in purifying and filtering of the petroleum and crude oil by utilizing technology.
27. Polymer: This stream deals with the studying, analyzing and modification of the polymer materials covering the factors of the petrochemical industry, structure, and characterization of polymers.
28. Textile: Textile Engineering deals with the processes involved in the manufacturing of textiles which in turn are utilized for the production of fabrics and yarns.
29. Instrumentation and Control: Instrumentation deals with the variables of production and manufacturing areas whereas control applies the control theory for designing of systems.
30. Material Science: This expanse involves the designing of new materials through the incorporation of the principles of physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
With all the above-given arenas of the profession, it is of utmost importance that the one should choose the field of the profession to study as per their interest. To decide that what discipline should be chosen it is essential that one must go through the list of colleges that they aspire to get into and find out the various streams of studying that they aspire to apply for. It can also be depended on the reputation, academic record, and placements from the college when it comes to the fact of choosing a college for the desired discipline of engineering studies.
Preventive Maintenance is critical to ensuring optimal functionality of factory machines and equipment. It increases equipment uptime and helps boost operational accuracy, productivity, and profitability. You should focus on prevention instead of reaction; identifying a fault before it occurs is the best way to keep industrial equipment up and running.
Workplace safety should be a top priority for any work environment that involves hazards. Ensuring the safety of employees is one of the prime responsibilities of employers. Many work environments are inflicted with a number of safety hazards at all times.
The composite rebar industry introduced fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) composites towards the end of the sixties. At that time, the construction industry was considering the option of using composite materials as a replacement of traditional steel.
Do you want to add to the store of knowledge you have as an architect? Perhaps you’ve been planning to learn about technology that moves your architectural work to a whole new level. Discover 11 features of Revit training that make it worth your time and money as an ambitious architect.
Machinery lubrication is a periodic practice in most industries, and it is performed with the help of professional engineers and lubrication experts. Due to the continuous requirement of equipment maintenance, especially in the production and manufacturing industries, a lube room is essential to have.
Metal Fabrication is a process of bending, cutting, and assembling metal with the help of different fabrication techniques and experts. During this process, metal fabricators create machines, metal parts, other metal or steel structures, from raw materials (steel, iron, alloy, etc.) and convert them into useable metal products for commercial and industrial applications.
It is very important for employees working in different industries and working conditions to follow proper occupational health and safety guidelines. These health and safety guidelines are there to protect workers’ and save them from physical, chemical, ergonomic, and biological hazards
Many companies fail to realize the importance of timely equipment maintenance through an effective lubrication program. This lack of importance sometimes leads to mechanical failure and equipment downtime during production hours.