Easy DIY Methods to Remove Blocked Drains
A blocked drain can be an expensive hassle to clean as it doesn't happen suddenly, piles and piles of junk accumulating in your pipes can cause such disasters. While you are neglecting comprehensive removal and only cleaning the surface of the drains most of the clogging materials would seep-in through the system and block the drainage passage altogether. Suddenly one day you will find that not a single drop of water is passing through the system, and in such emergencies, you have to opt for quick solutions. Instead of hiring expensive plumbers and using harmful harsh chemical elements you can utilize useful DIY methods to clear your drainage system efficiently.
Here are some of the most used DIY methods for clearing blocked drains
- Vinegar with Baking Soda: Vinegar and baking soda are extremely common ingredients in your pantry, these essential elements are found in every pantry in almost all countries all over the world. You can mix one-third cup of baking soda with one-third cup of vinegar, and without wasting any time just pour the mixture down the blocked drains. The fizz created by this mixture causes the gunk of hair and grime to loosen up, after letting it sit for a few hours you have to pour hot water down the drain which will flush out the gunk.
- Wire Hanger: Have you ever thought a wire Hanger can be this useful, the hook on the top can be used for several important purposes s and unclogging drains is one of them. If you straighten the whole wire and then put the hook through the clogged drain's mouth you will be able to pull out the gunk through it. After that, you can rinse the drain with some hot water, or if you have PVC pipes installed use some baking powder and normal water instead.
- Dry and Wet Vacuum: A dry and wet vacuum can be a useful tool to unclog blocked drains. Normal vacuums won't work and the ones which have liquid cleaning function will only work here. You first have to cover up the vent of your vacuum cleaner with a thick gauze or cloth, and then seal the mouth of the drain, after this start vacuuming. With this process, you can suck out the gunk and clear the clog, after vacuuming decide to open the seal and clean the drain.
- Salt and baking soda: This DIY can be done easily, pour half a cup of baking soda mixed with half a cup of salt down your blocked drains and leave the mixture as it is for a while. After sometime pour boiling water down the drain, this combination will create a strong chemical reaction which can drive away a lot of the gunk. But try to avoid this method if PVC pipes are installed.
- Plumber: This may come as a surprise to you, whether a plumber is generally utilized to unclog bathroom drains. But if you search carefully you will be able to find plumbers that have experience in this particular field, with the help of these plumbers you can unclog blocked drains in kitchens or other drainage systems around the house easily.
- Detergent or soap: Lastly, if you don't have any of these household items you can just use detergent powder or liquid soap. Pour any of one of these two and follow it with hot water. This may not clear out the entire gunk but can get rid of a part of it for the time being.
Drain clogging is an inevitable one and it will happen to you at some point in time. So to avoid it you have to be prepared with some of these materials, and if possible try to maintain your drainage system, clean it from time to time. Clear out hair, grime or any other materials that can potentially block the drains. Pour warm or hot water from time to time to avoid emergencies or always prefer to take the help of professionals for the blocked drains of your property.
Goodnight sleep is what everyone dreamt of. If you often wake up or toss around while sleeping, then you are not alone. It’s a big problem that can be cured in a simple way. You simply have to take care of a few things. And one of them is by trying natural remedies.
During the summer, all one can think about is how to stay cool without spending a fortune on HVAC energy bills. It's the reason why the loss of cool air from your home is a huge threat to your budget and health. The problem affects many people, regardless of their home sizes and location.
Do you love to play with DIYs? So why to use it in your home and add some vibrancy to your house? It is good to buy furniture online, but it’s better to try something new. So here are 10 DIY flower ideas to make your home look better.
For someone who likes to keep most of the space in a bathroom empty, I was inquisitive about the uses of the cabinet installed proudly at the center. Well, after the 5 minutes explanation, I felt as if I had been missing out on something for so long.
The Living room is the first place that visitors see after entering your house. And to fit this time, you have to have a modern-looking living room. It is fashionable and full of personality. Also, it is inviting, warm and something cosy. It draws attention and makes everything look stylish.
Making a start at the beginning of any home improvement project can seem daunting at first, making it difficult to know where to even begin. Even after simple tasks such as choosing paint and debating over layouts, the fun of it all is often quickly lost when feeling overwhelmed.
There are many notions revolving around memory foam mattresses. Because of this, sometimes, we really can’t tell what’s the reality anymore. That’s why our expectations of these kinds of beds are blurred. Although not all expectations are false, there are certainly those that need to be corrected.