Cloud Technologies: How They Help Address Challenges in Healthcare
Unlike what some may believe, the world of healthcare depends on technology and innovations far more than we could imagine. I have witnessed over the past several years that many hospitals and health systems have embraced the cloud. It was mostly to run critical applications, online aggregation of vast amounts of clinical data. This is fundamentally changing the way health systems communicate today with patients and their families.
You would agree all healthcare organizations are particularly susceptible to data breaches and security risks. The hybrid cloud is a key enabler of transformation along their journey – it means the identification of IT solutions ranging from HCI-powered private clouds to finding ways to effectively bridge private and public cloud environments. All of this while keeping the cost input of security and cost factors in mind.
From enabling the provision of healthcare to remotely located patients to round the clock monitoring of patients’ stats via wearable devices and other such solutions — technology has enabled all this and more. However, there is a new name that is gaining impressive traction in the healthcare sector — cloud computing, thanks to its many, many benefits. Don’t believe it? Well, here are some of the key ways in which cloud computing helps healthcare with its issues.
1. Data security: It may seem redundant to say, but the truth is that healthcare businesses have access to an abundance of patient data, which in turn is highly valuable and sensitive. Thus, data security is of paramount importance in the healthcare business and cloud computing can help with that via the provision of highly secure data storage systems.
2. Data access for users: One of the key points of data storage is to also ensure there is accessibility and not just for doctors. So, how does one go about providing users’ secure access to their healthcare data? Via cloud computing, of course, for it ensures only authorized persons can access said data whenever they want, from wherever they may be. This serves the purpose of keeping patients informed about their care and treatment plans. Plus, should they need to consult with another specialist or get a second opinion, such access to their healthcare data is understandably important.
3. Long-term preservation: Given that cloud computing services can be availed for as long as needed, for a fee obviously, preserving data, i.e. long-term storage of data is not a problem. As long as you have a subscription set up, healthcare companies can safely stow their data in the cloud for decades and decades.
4. Data traceability: Since data integrity is a significant concern in the highly digital lives that we lead today, data traceability has been rendered more important than ever. Plus, it is a foundational element of the validity of any data, especially in the healthcare sector, where it can be eventually put to work for research and development of life-saving drugs and treatments. Modern-day cloud computing service providers offer plenty of provisions in that regard to ensure traceability at a granular level.
5. Data reversibility: Essentially an undo button for the cloud, data reversibility allows healthcare companies to either completely roll back or make changes to established projects, workload deployments, etc. Once again, the newer crop of cloud service providers offers this option to ensure projects, workloads, or environments can be maintained and cause no disruptions for the end-users.
As you can see, there are plenty of challenges the healthcare industry must contend with daily. And not just the ones listed above; there are countless other challenges in regards to IT systems that this sector has to struggle with, including exchange of data, maintenance of infrastructure, etc. Thankfully, all of them are easily addressed with cloud computing. You see the advantages of cloud computing in healthcare and other such technologies are primed to tend to these issues and also empower the sector to achieve better results. This is why it comes so highly recommended.
Python is a widely-used programming language, and there is a high need for Java developers across the globe. Python is a programming language that is used by more than 7 billion devices and is free to use. According to industry reports, the need for Python developers has increased dramatically in recent years
In this era of digital content consumption, students are likely to get distracted by a boring curriculum. Today, educators realize that seamless & intuitive integration of technology with the curriculum would help students to demonstrate the right eagerness to learn.
Technology has contributed truly exceptional value to every single aspect of human existence. It has played an important role in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. We all have witnessed how technology has transformed the new form of public health.
Developing software isn’t usually easy when you’ve technologies and industry standards that are constantly evolving. Given the highly digital world that we live in, it comes as no surprise that companies all over the world appear to be engaged in a race to develop high-tech software and offer it to customers ASAP.
Virtual reality in retail was already gathering considerable steam in the market, thanks to its ability to transform customer experiences, help retailers reduce cost, etc. As predicted by tech analysts globally, VR as the technology will continue to disrupt countless industries
Business Intelligence is the ability to turn data into information to optimize business decision-making. The secret to success is knowledge. The secret to prospering in a dynamic economy is to keep ahead of the competition
Transformation in the digital realm has completely reshaped shopping, online experiences, and even map customer expectations for the physical stores. The retail sector has been subject to a plethora of challenges over the past few years:
In terms of objectives, processes, and implementation, automated software testing can take on a range of shapes. But the main point is that automated tests are software modules that allow for the checking of the behavior of the program under review for conformity with requirements or provide enough information to do so.
Core Web Vitals have been highly significant for every aspiring website owner willing to get increased exposure to their businesses. User experience is the prime component driving the performance of every website with the SEO signals like Core Web Vitals and other user-centric metrics.