Best Tips To Prevent Mould Growth On Your Tiles
Mould growth not only makes your tiled surface look dirty but they also are responsible for causing health issues in the home. Such developments should be treated as soon they appear on your tiles. You must always be cautious about any signs of mould forming inside your house, especially in the bathroom or kitchen areas. However, you can also take some preventive measures to restrict mould growth on your tile and grouts.
1. Keep doors and windows open for as long as possible to ensure proper airflow within the home:
- Let the bathroom window stay open for at least 15 minutes after you turn the shower off, so that excess moisture can move out of the room rather than condense on the walls and tiles;
- Leave the shower door open when the shower is not in use;
- Keep the kitchen windows open while cooking to allow the steam to escape;
- Ventilate the laundry room, basement, and attic as often as possible;
2. Run the exhaust fan in the bathroom for about 20 minutes after showering to draw the moisture out of the room;
3. Wipe down the shower walls and shower floor after bathing – you can use a squeegee, a hand towel, or a washcloth to do bathroom tile mould removal (the latter is particularly good at getting to the tile grout and in the corners where mould tends to appear first);
4. Use shower curtains and liners that are easy to clean, so that you can keep them in pristine condition all the time. Remember to shake the worst of the water off the curtain after taking a shower and to leave it partially drawn so that it can dry faster (but doesn’t impede air circulation within the bathroom);
5. Hang your bath towels to dry after using them – if you leave them wet in the bathroom, they’ll contribute to the humidity in the room;
6. Spray the tiles and caulking in your bathroom with a mould-prohibiting solution at least once in a week. All you need to do is mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle (or add 10 drops of tea tree oil to a spray bottle filled with water) and you’ll get a natural anti-mould solution that will protect your bathroom against the fungi or get tile and grout cleaning from Marks Tile Grout Cleaning, who offers professional tile mould removal services.
7. Keep the tiles clean. Regular scrubbing of tile and grout cleaning is the best way to minimize the chance of mould growth in the grout and ensure tile mould removal. Unless frequently cleaned, the tile surface can become coated in a fine layer of soap-scum over time. It builds up and creates a porous deposit which provides the ideal breeding ground for mould
8. Fix leaky faucets and showerheads to remove the source of excess moisture in your bathroom and kitchen; sealing it in order to prevent bacteria and damage from happening and providing a durable coating to help your tiles last and look fantastic for many years to come.
9. Seal the grout. Apply a coat or two of a silicon-based grout sealer to dry grout. It will significantly reduce the speed at which moisture can penetrate the porous grout so that it gets less wet and dries much faster. Besides, the durable antimicrobial technology incorporated in the sealant will provide a good barrier against all kinds of microbes, including mould;
10. Use mold-resistant paint and grout that contains anti-fungal additives when repainting your when repainting your kitchen or bathroom and installing new tiles.
Window shutters are an amazing home improvement idea on any home. They add a dash of classical style and elegance to your home while at the same time offering protection against extreme weather. When well chosen, shutters blend perfectly with the rest of your home’s decor to improve curb appeal and add value to the entire property.
A mattress is considered a major investment and it might feel overwhelming shopping for one. Consider that the quality of your mattress will affect your sleep quality. Do not forget that a choice of mattress is unique to you and depends on your sleeping position and the best side to sleep on
Is your car always parked outside? Or your car park is so small your cars cannot fit inside? Either way, you still have to protect your car. If you are to protect your vehicles without spending so much in a garage construction, then a carport is a great solution for you.
Since ancient times, marble has always been a top favorite for home decor, countertops, and flooring. This is due to the reason that marbles symbolize splendor and refined taste. But no matter how sturdy cultured marbles are, they are still subjected to damages.
There are few things in life as charming as sitting in front of a fireplace on a chilly day. Read the latest novel or sip your favourite drink or a cup of tea and life is total bliss. Fireplaces are one of the must-have at any homes. They add to the décor and at the same time keep your room warm and comfortable inside when it is chilly outdoors.
When it comes to cladding for exterior walls of the home, people often think about the conventional options that have been there for generations. Even though these happen to be great, still a modern variant that should not be overlooked is metal cladding.
In every building construction, scaffolding is very important in creating a safe environment. It is used in different purpose that is very helpful in every construction project. The scaffolds help to lift the materials needed in the construction. Scaffolding holds seriously heavy loads so that it needs to be stable and strong to ensure the safeness of the mason and materials.
Winter is more than just cold weather season, it can also be home flooding season. As a result of burst pipes due to freezing weather, many people end up with flooding in their homes during the winter months. This can cause more problems than just the pipe burst.