Best Tips To Prevent Mould Growth On Your Tiles
Mould growth not only makes your tiled surface look dirty but they also are responsible for causing health issues in the home. Such developments should be treated as soon they appear on your tiles. You must always be cautious about any signs of mould forming inside your house, especially in the bathroom or kitchen areas. However, you can also take some preventive measures to restrict mould growth on your tile and grouts.
1. Keep doors and windows open for as long as possible to ensure proper airflow within the home:
- Let the bathroom window stay open for at least 15 minutes after you turn the shower off, so that excess moisture can move out of the room rather than condense on the walls and tiles;
- Leave the shower door open when the shower is not in use;
- Keep the kitchen windows open while cooking to allow the steam to escape;
- Ventilate the laundry room, basement, and attic as often as possible;
2. Run the exhaust fan in the bathroom for about 20 minutes after showering to draw the moisture out of the room;
3. Wipe down the shower walls and shower floor after bathing – you can use a squeegee, a hand towel, or a washcloth to do bathroom tile mould removal (the latter is particularly good at getting to the tile grout and in the corners where mould tends to appear first);
4. Use shower curtains and liners that are easy to clean, so that you can keep them in pristine condition all the time. Remember to shake the worst of the water off the curtain after taking a shower and to leave it partially drawn so that it can dry faster (but doesn’t impede air circulation within the bathroom);
5. Hang your bath towels to dry after using them – if you leave them wet in the bathroom, they’ll contribute to the humidity in the room;
6. Spray the tiles and caulking in your bathroom with a mould-prohibiting solution at least once in a week. All you need to do is mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle (or add 10 drops of tea tree oil to a spray bottle filled with water) and you’ll get a natural anti-mould solution that will protect your bathroom against the fungi or get tile and grout cleaning from Marks Tile Grout Cleaning, who offers professional tile mould removal services.
7. Keep the tiles clean. Regular scrubbing of tile and grout cleaning is the best way to minimize the chance of mould growth in the grout and ensure tile mould removal. Unless frequently cleaned, the tile surface can become coated in a fine layer of soap-scum over time. It builds up and creates a porous deposit which provides the ideal breeding ground for mould
8. Fix leaky faucets and showerheads to remove the source of excess moisture in your bathroom and kitchen; sealing it in order to prevent bacteria and damage from happening and providing a durable coating to help your tiles last and look fantastic for many years to come.
9. Seal the grout. Apply a coat or two of a silicon-based grout sealer to dry grout. It will significantly reduce the speed at which moisture can penetrate the porous grout so that it gets less wet and dries much faster. Besides, the durable antimicrobial technology incorporated in the sealant will provide a good barrier against all kinds of microbes, including mould;
10. Use mold-resistant paint and grout that contains anti-fungal additives when repainting your when repainting your kitchen or bathroom and installing new tiles.
Having an automatic garage door is very convenient. It makes your life easier than ever. Imagine, you don't have to get out of your car and open the door on your own. You just need to push that button to and your overhead door will open automatically. But unfortunately, your automatic door will run out as the years passes by. The up, down process wouldn't work the way used to be. Your old garage door will need a major repair.
Getting your basement waterproofing correct from the beginning is very important. Many bigger problems and damage can be caused if the process is not completed correct. Whether you’re undertaking wet basement repair or attempting to fix the waterproof foundation of your basement, there are many things you can do to protect your home.
Soil is classified into many different categories and the type of soil you build on can have ramifications for your structure, many years after it has been built. This article explains the different soil categories, the various environmental conditions that can affect residential and commercial construction and structural foundation requirements for each soil type.
First of all, try to be aware of the beehives in your home because as you know that” prevention is better than cure “so you need to prevent all these kinds of emergencies. Now come to the main point that the question arises is why you should hire professional bee removal for your home?
Whether you are looking to restore your historical home or get your manufacturing plant cleaned there is no better technique than dry ice blasting. This cleaning technique has gained immense popularity compared to other types of cleaning such as pressure cleaning or sandblasting given the fact that it is non-flammable, nonconductive and most importantly non-abrasive
If you are the owner of a storefront, you know that your doors play an important role in attracting your clients and customers. Moreover, installing the aluminum storefront doors are advantageous, as they come with several benefits. Here in this article, we are going to discuss some of the advantages of aluminium doors that you must know to make an informed decision for your store.
In Australia, even five years back, the concept of double glazed windows was considered as a luxury. However, times have dramatically changed. Today with a large number of manufacturers dealing with windows, their prices have gone down considerably.
Plumbing system plays an important role in the distribution and use of potable water and the removal of waterborne wastes in our home and any building. But the thing is the plumbing system and heating system are the two vital components of a home that many of you took for granted to take care of.