Best Ayurvedic Medicines for Ulcerative Colitis - Permanent Cure
Ulcerative Colitis: Overview
Ulcerative Colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease, in which inner lining of the colon (the large intestine) and rectum get inflamed, and lead to ulceration in the digestive tract. The inflammation generally starts in the rectum and extends upward to the entire colon. The disease can be effectively managed with the help of some excellent Ayurvedic medicines for Ulcerative Colitis.
In Ulcerative Colitis, ulcers (sores) get formed on the inner lining of the colon because of the occurrence of uncontrolled inflammation beneath the endothelial layer of the colon. The formation of ulcers causes a lot of pain to the sufferers of this condition because the ulcers bleed profusely during the process of defecation.
As a result of the formation of ulcers in the digestive tract, the passing of stools becomes a nightmarish process for the sufferers of Ulcerative Colitis. The condition leads to a swollen and painful colon, which results in a feeling of ‘fullness’ and gives the sufferers a continual feeling of passing stools. Moreover, the stools are also mostly accompanied by blood, pus or mucous.
Ulcerative Colitis is, therefore, a discomforting disease which can affect the psychology of the patients and disturb their routine work pattern. The patients get depressed because of bloody stools and experience a feeling of despair and hopelessness.
Ulcerative Colitis mostly affects people aged between 15 and 40 years, though it can occur at any age. This disease condition can be caused by several factors including genetic factors, autoimmune conditions, collagen disorders, infection, food allergies, intake of spicy or packaged foods, and consumption of alcohol. The patients suffering from this disease commonly complain of abdominal pain, loss of appetite, fatigue, irregular bowel movements, occasional rectal pain, weight loss, burning sensation in the chest, and bluish/yellowish undigested stool.
There are some extremely beneficial Ayurvedic medicines for Ulcerative Colitis. These medicines are very helpful in relieving the common symptoms of the disease like bloody diarrhea, pain, and discomfort. In addition, these medicines can also heal the ulcers, and restore health.
Best Ayurvedic medicines for Ulcerative colitis
Ulcerative Colitis is called ‘Pittaj Grahani’ in Ayurveda.
According to Ayurvedic experts, the inflammation of the colon in Ulcerative Colitis is caused by ‘Ama’ (endotoxins or metabolites) produced in the intestines due to improper digestion of food. The foods -- heavy, greasy, and buttery foods -- which produce ‘Ama’ basically aggravate the ‘Pitta’ and cause indigestion. The undigested food starts rotting in the intestines and gets fermented, thereby triggering inflammatory processes.
Ayurvedic medicines for Ulcerative Colitis are prepared from widely-known herbs which have the ability to eliminate ‘Ama’ from the body, and thus provide relief to the patients of the disease. The best Ayurvedic medicines which have proven effectiveness in managing the disease are:
Pitta Balance Capsules
- These capsules have potent herbal ingredients which help in balancing ‘Pitta’ or the ‘fire element’ in the body. Pitta is responsible for digestion of food articles and for maintaining a healthy metabolism of the body. The capsules are prepared from some very useful calcium compounds which can manage Ulcerative Colitis and relieve the patients from pain, inflammation, bloody diarrhea and burning sensation. After taking a few doses of these capsules, patients start feeling better because the capsules completely stop bleeding during defecation, and have a cooling effect on the body.
- The herbal components of Pitta Balance capsules include a combination of ‘Pishtis’, such as Praval Pishti (Coral calcium), Akik Pishti (Agate calcium), and Mukta Pishti (Pearl calcium); as well as the extracts of ‘Giloy’ herb (Tinopsora corifolia).
The dosage of Pitta Balance capsules recommended for patients with Ulcerative Colitis: One capsule with plain water, two times a day, after meals.
- Arjuna capsules are one of the most beneficial Ayurvedic medicines for Ulcerative Colitis. These capsules are prepared from the bark standardized extract of ‘Arjuna’ tree (Terminalia Arjuna). The bark of Arjuna tree has an abundance of calcium, copper, magnesium, and zinc; and is known for its properties for healing wounds.
- The regular use of Arjuna capsules can protect the body from diseases because they can balance the Vata, Pitta and Kapha energies of the body, and can maintain a healthy heart. Moreover, these capsules can also protect the inner lining of intestines, stop the bleeding, heal the ulcers in the digestive tract, control the diarrhea, improve hemoglobin levels in the blood, remove toxins from the body, reduce inflammation, and make the body strong.
The dosage of Arjuna capsules recommended for patients with Ulcerative Colitis: 1-2 capsules twice a day, with plain water, after meals.
Kutaz Ghan Vati
- This Ayurvedic product -- available in tablet form -- is prepared from pure herb ‘Kutaz’ herb (Halorrheana antidysentrica). These tablets can be very beneficial in managing inflammatory bowel diseases, irritable bowel syndrome, and Ulcerative Colitis, and infective diarrhea.
- The regular use of Kutaz Ghan Vati tablets can help the body in eliminating ‘Ama,’ prevent inflammation, stop the fermentation of food in the intestines, control diarrhea and heal ulcers.
The dosage of Kutaz Ghan Vati tablets recommended for patients with Ulcerative Colitis: Two tablets, 2-3 times a day, after meals.
This churna is an amazing herbal powder which is prepared from a combination of several ulcer-healing herbs. The herbal components of this churna include Chhoti Elaichi (Elletaria cardamomum), Bilva (Aegle marmelos), Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans), Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare), Anar (Punica granatum) andDhania (Coriander sativum).
The herbs used for preparing Vataskadi Churna have the combined capability to restore the imbalance of different metabolic reactions of the body, heal ulcers, treat abdominal pain, control diarrhea, enhance the function of the intestines, and manage stomach-related problems.
The dosage of Vataskadi Churna recommended for patients with Ulcerative Colitis: 1-2 teaspoon of the churna with plain water, two times a day, after meals.
- Ayurvedic medicines for Ulcerative Colitis can be very useful for the patients of the disease because they can restore a healthy digestive process for the patients by gently eliminating the ‘Ama’ from the body. These medicines create a bacterially-friendly environment in the body, restore the basic strength and immunity of the body, reduce inflammation, improve the digestive process, treat diarrhea, and heal the ulcers in the digestive tract in a safe and natural way.
Normally, uric acid dissolves in our blood and passes through our kidneys but sometimes, when too much of uric acid production occurs in our body and kidneys become unable to excrete the uric acid properly, then the level of the uric acid increases in the blood, needle-like urate crystals are formed in the joint which results in inflammation, swelling and pain, this condition is known as Gout.
If you want to reduce your symptoms from allergies caused by dry air or suffering from scratchy throats or clogged nasal passages and even eczema, you need to stay away from all the common mistakes involving your humidifier. Always follow the instructions and recommendations from the manufacturer for maintaining and using your unit.
Basically, these are swollen veins in your lower rectum and anus similar to varicose veins. Hemorrhoids have a number of etiological factors but the exact cause is unknown. They may result from the increased pressure on these veins during pregnancy or from straining during bowel movements
Herbal health care products have become extremely important in this day and age considering how most of us, with the obvious exception of sportspersons, are leading sedentary lives where we are causing all types of harm to our body with our diet, lack of exercise to name a few.
Many of you may have heard of home natural remedy for healing and health. But most people are not using home natural healing or health remedy. When they are sick, they will still look for a doctor.
An allergy is a hypersensitive reaction of the body when it comes into contact with a foreign substance. The hypersensitive response comes from the natural immune system and ranges from a slightly uncomfortable feeling to a fatal anaphylaxis. Seasonal allergies are quite common.