Benefits of Using Ceramides for Skin
Skincare is primarily the most important thing. In the present era, beauty is in fashion. Everyone is using skin care products for lustrous and good skin texture. “Ceramides” a healthy lipid molecule found in the skin. It is proven to be best for anti-ageing but rarely explained or talked about. Today, we will put a limelight on this topic and it's alternative in Ayurveda.
What Are Ceramides?
If you think about how skin makes itself waterproof then it appears that in the epidermis there are cells present in the bottom that move upwards. When these cells move upward and start to accumulate fat globules within them which when get close to the surface they are released, so you have protein in the cell wall. This cell wall is a brick and around that, there is the fat surrounding them. Eventually, these fats are made from free fatty acids, cholesterol, and ceramides. There are many types of ceramides found on the skin but one of the important parts is the waterproofing of the skin.
In fact, 50 percent of the epidermis (outer layer) is formed from ceramides and is also important for the development of the brain as well as the nervous system. It helps in protecting the skin from damage caused by pollution. So, it is beneficial to use moisturizers or creams that have ceramides in them.
Benefits Using Ceramides
Below are the Benefits of ceramides
1. Preventing Transepidermal water loss
It is the loss of water from the body through the epidermis and this can cause skin damage. The evaporation of moisture can result in dehydration of the skin leaving them itchy. Ceramides help in preventing the skin from loss of water and keeps it hydrated. The coagulation with other lipids helps in forming an ordered aligned structure which is responsible for preventing transepidermal water loss. Ceramides are best for people who have dry skin.
2. Balances the moisture of the skin
Skin moisturizers that have Ceramides help in making the skin fresh as well as radiant. It is best suited for people who have hectic schedules and get exposed to environmental pollution. Ceramides help in the rejuvenation of the skin and returning the moisture in the skin.
3. Stops Acne breakouts
Almost 40 to 50 million people from all over the world suffer from acne problems. This acne can really harm the self-esteem of people and they feel ashamed. One of the reasons for breakouts is the lower levels of ceramides in the skin and people with acne-prone skin. It is better to use ceramide based creams that help in reducing breakouts
4. Improves the barrier function of the skin
As mentioned above ceramides are one of the important barriers to the skin. It helps in removing harmful toxins from the skin and percent the loss of moisture and is very effective in people with sensitive skin.
5. Rejuvenation of skin
They help in reducing fine lines and wrinkles by improving the function of the skin barrier. Ceramide helps in maintaining the content of lipids in the skin and reduces the damage caused by UV radiation.
6. Maintains skin integrity
It is very important to maintain skin integrity in order to keep them healthy. The skin is very vulnerable to getting damaged or having breakdowns and it's important to make the skin integrity firm. The ceramides help in holding the skin cells together and reducing all the skin problems
Natural Resources of Ceramides
Foods that are rich in antioxidants like spinach, wheat germ, brown rice, beetroot and they help in protecting the outer layer of our skin
- Include foods that are rich in probiotics like fermented foods including kimchi, sauerkraut, kefir, and many more. This will also help in regulating digestion and increase good bacteria in the gut.
- Drink Rooibos tea that is high in ceramides and helps in protecting the skin from getting damaged and reduces premature aging as well.
- Include Potassium-rich foods like potato, legumes, beans, poultry, nuts, and fish which help in regulating the function of ceramides and are very effective in reducing free radicals that are harmful to the skin.
- Phytoceramides is the part of ceramide that helps in making the epidermis strong and reduces wrinkles. So foods that are rich in Phytoceramides are brown rice, beets, spinach, and wheat germ.
- Include walnuts, flaxseeds, olive oil, chia seeds, avocado, and salmon that are some of the great sources rich in omega fatty acids which is helpful for the production of ceramides.
- Food rich in Amino acids like tofu, seeds, meat, fish, and grain will help in increasing collagen by helping the ceramides.
Ayurvedic Oil That Is a Rich Source of Ceramide
1. Eladi Oil
This herbal sesame based oil and is one of the best product for boosting the production of Ceramide as it contains herbs like
- Nagkesar (Mesua ferrea)
- Sal Tree (Shorea robusta)
- Shallaki (Boswellia serrata)
- Punnaga (Calophyllum inophyllum),
- Guggulu (Commiphora mukul)
- Keukand (Costus speciosus)
- Sarala (Pinus longifolia)
- Kesar (Crocus sativus)
- Agaru (Aquilaria agallocha)
- Shukti (Ostrea edulis)
- Javitri (Myristica fragrans) and many more other excellent herbs
- It helps in opening the clogged pores and opening them as well.
- They help in reducing pimples and acne scars as well.
- The application of this oil helps in removing dead skin
- Stops the growth of harmful bacteria on the skin
- They help in natural sebum production and keep the skin soft.
- They reduce the factors that increase acne.
Everyone has had an occasional redness on the face, whether it’s due to exercise or embarrassment. Red face typically occurs for obvious reasons. However, if that redness is persistent or tends to come and go, it might signal something more serious.
Taking care of your skin is much more important than covering it up. Either females or males, skin health is important for both genders. Maintaining healthy skin usually requires a lot of sacrifices. But if you want a skin texture that doesn’t need any filter then these sacrifices are worth it.
Today, stem cell treatments, platelet-rich plasma, and exosome therapy are the newest frontier in cell regeneration that can help relieve pain. These treatments also are used to treat orthopedic injuries, promote hair growth, and anti-aging treatments such as skin rejuvenation.
It’s commonly known that our body reacts to stress in various ways. Some people start feeling different kinds of aches, while others feel irritated and anxious most of the time. However, what most people overlook is the fact that stress can “attack” the largest organ of our body- the skin.
Currently, we are living in a world where enhancing outside appearance or pampering yourself a little is required. And the medical spa provides long-lasting results from luxurious treatments like medical peels, lip injections, laser treatment, and under-eye filler.
Stem cell treatments have been transforming today's medical practices, especially in aesthetics. As it became an attraction for the development of novel therapies that target the functional restoration of defective tissue.