Alternative Travel to Singapore
One country that is close to Indonesia, is Singapore. Because of the proximity, you can choose the option to travel to Singapore from various directions. There are three choices, namely air, sea and land lines. Maybe, some of these options can be considered according to your material and physical conditions.
Of course air travel is more practical and fast. However, the tariff is more expensive when compared to air travel and land travel. For this reason, travel costs need to be regulated as best as possible, because the cost of flights costs half of the travel budget. If you want to reduce travel costs but still want to go through the air, you can search for promo tickets at certain times. You can choose budget airline airlines if you want.
Singapore has Changi Airport which is one of the busiest airports in the world. There are four local Singapore airlines, one of which is the famous Singapore Airlines and cheap airlines, Tiger Airways and Scoot.
We will tell you about the new terminal, swimming pool, bed, massage place and free tour around Singapore.
12 Facts About Changi Airport You Didn't Know
Changi Airport has received 533 awards as the best airport in the world, 26 of which were achieved in 2016.
- To meet the high demand, this airport should continue to evolve. In 1981, after the opening of Terminal 1, Changi received 8.1 million passengers. In 2016, the airport received 66 million people. As of 2025, Changi's capacity is planned to increase to 135 million passengers per year. This figure is almost the same as the Russian population.
- At the end of terminal 2017, T4 starts operating. At the end of the next decade the terminal T5 will be opened, which is greater than the combination of T1, T2 and T3.
- In 2019, Changi will begin operating the new Jewel Changi Airport complex, which will be built on the site of an open parking terminal T1. At Jewel Changi Airport there will be 300 shops, a boutique hotel with 130 rooms, the largest underground and garden parking in Singapore, located inside the building. This sophisticated design of glass and steel buildings has received awards at the 2016 MAPIC AWARDS in Cannes. This building really looks like a gem.
- The T3 terminal roof is equipped with 919 solar reflectors, which simultaneously dissipate heat without allowing the room to cool, and help illuminate the terminal with natural light. The electric light is activated only at night and in cloudy weather.
- Among the new terminal architect T5 are the Bureau of Grisham and Moshe Safdie who designed Marina Bay Sands and Singapore Flyer.
- The "Kinetic rain" installation, which is located in the departure room of the T1 terminal, can form 16 different configurations, including the shape of the aircraft.
- On the roof of the T1 terminal there is a swimming pool, and each passenger can swim there by paying SGD 13. So, if you have a lot of transit time, take a swimsuit from your luggage.
- At the T3 terminal there is the largest slide in Singapore with 4 floors called The Slide @ T3. To be able to use it for free, you have to spend SGD 10 at Changi Airport and get a special coupon.
- At the T3 terminal, you can take a break in the lounge zone called Snooze Lounge.
- At the T1 terminal, you can get a massage. There, there are many types of services, from reflexotherapy to traditional Thai massage and hot stone massage. There, you can also try fish spa. In addition, everywhere at Changi Airport you can see massage chairs that can be used for free.
- If you are transiting in Singapore and you have 5 hours or more, you can take a free tour around the city. You can register at the existing information desk at Changi Airport.
Another option to go to Singapore is by sea. You can reach it by taking a ferry to the port of Singapore HarbourFront Center which is connected to the ports of Batam Center, Harbourbay, Sekupang, and Nongsa. Travelers travel more frequently from Batam Center because there are many ferry options to ride and take the time to travel from Batam Center to Singapore for about 1 hour.
Several ferry companies operate from morning to night with scheduled departures almost every hour. The rates also vary according to the adjustment of fuel prices.
In addition to Singapore's destination, the ferry operates a ferry with the purpose of going to Malaysia, Johor Bahru, namely to the port of Stulang. From there, you can continue the land trip to Singapore.
This route is an alternative to save travel costs. The rates offered plus ferry fees are cheaper than direct flights.
If you want to travel overland directly from Indonesia, you cannot reach it because it is separated by the sea. However, you can travel overland from Malaysia. It is highly recommended if you want to take a walk to Singapore and Malaysia at once.
A land trip to Singapore can be reached via Johor Bahru Malaysia admiring tourist attractions all the way, which is directly adjacent to Singapore. These two borders are connected by a 1.2 Kilometer Causeway Bridge bridge.
There are two immigration in Singapore, namely in Woodlands for the north, and Tuas for the west which operate 24 hours a day. The queue is quite long if it's the holiday season. You can choose this land trip option if you are not in a hurry, and are interested in taking a walk in Johor Bahru City first.
Those are the three choices to go to Singapore. There are many routes, right? Again, sea and land trips are cheaper than air lines. However, you can reconsider land and sea trips, not to spend more than air routes. You also have to look at material and physical conditions, as well as the number of people who participate with you. Congratulations on traveling to Singapore!
Easily one of the most famous destinations on the planet, New York remains a wondrous delight to visitors, tourists and even locals alike. There are several reasons why New York stands out. From the hospitable people to the mouthwatering dishes to the gorgeous entertainment venues to the outstanding architectural monuments, this is surely the place to be
Travelers If you consider yourself an eco-conscious person, you are probably aware that recycling every now and then isn’t everything you can do for Mother Nature. In fact, there is something you can do every day to make this world a better place, and greening your travel practices is definitely one of them.
The UK is a beautiful country to travel in with an abundance of historical sites, modern buildings, exciting events and beaches to boast. While many that it can cost a lost to travel through the UK in the holiday season, it isn’t always so.
There is a lot to consider when making plans to travel outside Canada. You may have to book a flight or rental car, make a hotel reservation, get a new passport, or purchase tickets to attractions. If you are traveling while injured, you may encounter some challenges, but an injury does not have to ruin your travel plans.
Learn what you need to make your next tour abroad great. From language translation to itinerary planning, explore apps you need when traveling abroad.
Possibly more than many other cities in the world, Rome is a mix of old and new, it is a city that flaunts its history. It is one of the living and breathing city, ie it’s always crowded, dirty, noisy, and is a little rough around the edges. It’s also beautiful and its narrow side streets are very romantic and magical, so despite its shortfalls.