Alternative Travel to Singapore
One country that is close to Indonesia, is Singapore. Because of the proximity, you can choose the option to travel to Singapore from various directions. There are three choices, namely air, sea and land lines. Maybe, some of these options can be considered according to your material and physical conditions.
Of course air travel is more practical and fast. However, the tariff is more expensive when compared to air travel and land travel. For this reason, travel costs need to be regulated as best as possible, because the cost of flights costs half of the travel budget. If you want to reduce travel costs but still want to go through the air, you can search for promo tickets at certain times. You can choose budget airline airlines if you want.
Singapore has Changi Airport which is one of the busiest airports in the world. There are four local Singapore airlines, one of which is the famous Singapore Airlines and cheap airlines, Tiger Airways and Scoot.
We will tell you about the new terminal, swimming pool, bed, massage place and free tour around Singapore.
12 Facts About Changi Airport You Didn't Know
Changi Airport has received 533 awards as the best airport in the world, 26 of which were achieved in 2016.
- To meet the high demand, this airport should continue to evolve. In 1981, after the opening of Terminal 1, Changi received 8.1 million passengers. In 2016, the airport received 66 million people. As of 2025, Changi's capacity is planned to increase to 135 million passengers per year. This figure is almost the same as the Russian population.
- At the end of terminal 2017, T4 starts operating. At the end of the next decade the terminal T5 will be opened, which is greater than the combination of T1, T2 and T3.
- In 2019, Changi will begin operating the new Jewel Changi Airport complex, which will be built on the site of an open parking terminal T1. At Jewel Changi Airport there will be 300 shops, a boutique hotel with 130 rooms, the largest underground and garden parking in Singapore, located inside the building. This sophisticated design of glass and steel buildings has received awards at the 2016 MAPIC AWARDS in Cannes. This building really looks like a gem.
- The T3 terminal roof is equipped with 919 solar reflectors, which simultaneously dissipate heat without allowing the room to cool, and help illuminate the terminal with natural light. The electric light is activated only at night and in cloudy weather.
- Among the new terminal architect T5 are the Bureau of Grisham and Moshe Safdie who designed Marina Bay Sands and Singapore Flyer.
- The "Kinetic rain" installation, which is located in the departure room of the T1 terminal, can form 16 different configurations, including the shape of the aircraft.
- On the roof of the T1 terminal there is a swimming pool, and each passenger can swim there by paying SGD 13. So, if you have a lot of transit time, take a swimsuit from your luggage.
- At the T3 terminal there is the largest slide in Singapore with 4 floors called The Slide @ T3. To be able to use it for free, you have to spend SGD 10 at Changi Airport and get a special coupon.
- At the T3 terminal, you can take a break in the lounge zone called Snooze Lounge.
- At the T1 terminal, you can get a massage. There, there are many types of services, from reflexotherapy to traditional Thai massage and hot stone massage. There, you can also try fish spa. In addition, everywhere at Changi Airport you can see massage chairs that can be used for free.
- If you are transiting in Singapore and you have 5 hours or more, you can take a free tour around the city. You can register at the existing information desk at Changi Airport.
Another option to go to Singapore is by sea. You can reach it by taking a ferry to the port of Singapore HarbourFront Center which is connected to the ports of Batam Center, Harbourbay, Sekupang, and Nongsa. Travelers travel more frequently from Batam Center because there are many ferry options to ride and take the time to travel from Batam Center to Singapore for about 1 hour.
Several ferry companies operate from morning to night with scheduled departures almost every hour. The rates also vary according to the adjustment of fuel prices.
In addition to Singapore's destination, the ferry operates a ferry with the purpose of going to Malaysia, Johor Bahru, namely to the port of Stulang. From there, you can continue the land trip to Singapore.
This route is an alternative to save travel costs. The rates offered plus ferry fees are cheaper than direct flights.
If you want to travel overland directly from Indonesia, you cannot reach it because it is separated by the sea. However, you can travel overland from Malaysia. It is highly recommended if you want to take a walk to Singapore and Malaysia at once.
A land trip to Singapore can be reached via Johor Bahru Malaysia admiring tourist attractions all the way, which is directly adjacent to Singapore. These two borders are connected by a 1.2 Kilometer Causeway Bridge bridge.
There are two immigration in Singapore, namely in Woodlands for the north, and Tuas for the west which operate 24 hours a day. The queue is quite long if it's the holiday season. You can choose this land trip option if you are not in a hurry, and are interested in taking a walk in Johor Bahru City first.
Those are the three choices to go to Singapore. There are many routes, right? Again, sea and land trips are cheaper than air lines. However, you can reconsider land and sea trips, not to spend more than air routes. You also have to look at material and physical conditions, as well as the number of people who participate with you. Congratulations on traveling to Singapore!
Tenerife is renowned for its beautiful weather all year long, and that is why so many individuals are migrating to the gorgeous Spanish island to live the easy life. Although sipping on cocktails at the beach and soaking up sunshine all year long may sound like the perfect life, this island offers so much more.
Technology has played a significant role in making travels a lot better. It came as a boon to all the travel lovers. As now they can explore any region or city without the fear of getting lost or feeling unsafe. Every experienced traveler can tell you the importance of the travel gears and gadgets.
Bangkok is maintaining its reputation of being one of the cheapest and the hottest travel destination in Southeast Asia. Apart from vibrant nightlife and fabulous attractions, the city is prominent for its tempting food culture. Exhilarating destinations along with delicious Thai food make your traveling in Bangkok an experience which is worth remembering.
Tel Aviv is known as a gastronomic extravaganza with restaurants of all types to suit every palate and occasion. Some of the top restaurants among these can be found nestled in the quaint surroundings of Neve Tzedek.
Built in Venetian Gothic style this palace is one of the main landmarks of Venice city. Palace was once the residence of Doge of Venice (supreme authority of former Venice). You can reach Doge’s Palace via public transport which includes Vaporetti and water taxi.
Located on Carmel Hill in Barcelona, Park Guell was built between 1900 and 1914 by great Spanish architecture Antoni Gaudi. Park was officially opened in 1926 and today it is a part of UNESCO World Heritage. Composed with beautiful gardens and architectonic elements, Park Guell is one of the best public parks in the world.
If you’re big into social media, you’ve surely seen just how much this cool way of keeping in contact with loved ones & meeting new people has become a platform for showing off how much your life rocks compared to others. Even our vacations are starting to become contests of excess, and on the fence of too much & just right are luxury condominiums