7 Natural Remedies to Control High Levels of Uric Acid
Normally, uric acid dissolves in our blood and passes through our kidneys but sometimes, when too much of uric acid production occurs in our body and kidneys become unable to excrete the uric acid properly, then the level of the uric acid increases in the blood, needle-like urate crystals are formed in the joint which results in inflammation, swelling and pain, this condition is known as Gout. It is purine disorder in which MUMC (Momo urate monohydrate crystals) deposited around the synovial joint’s connective tissue. It mainly affects males. It is also known as Podgra when it involves joint at the base of the big toe. In males, the uric acid level increases over 20 years of age and in females after menopause.
AYURVEDIC CONCERN ABOUT GOUT
Gout is mainly the vata-rakta roga, according to Ayurveda, the word Vata stands for wind, Rakta stands for blood and Roga stands for the disease. It mainly involves hands, feet, fingers & all joints. At first, it involves hands & feet and then spreads over all the body. Due to intake of diet consisting of salty, sour, pungent, moist or dried things, eating during indigestion, anger, day-sleep, meat of aquatic and marshy animals, oil-cakes, radish, black gram, horse gram, other leguminous vegetables, sesamum paste, sugarcane, curd, sour gruel, vinegar, buttermilk, incompatible food, alkaline, fatty, hot and uncooked articles aggravates vata-rakta (Gout). The pain becomes very difficult to tolerate.
RISK FACTORS FOR GOUT
These people are at a higher risk of developing gout
- Persons having high blood pressure
- Persons who are obese
- Persons having ischemic heart disease
- Persons who have a high intake of alcohol
SYMPTOMS OF THE GOUT
Gout presents with following symptoms
- Piercing pain, numbness, heaviness and itching in (thigh, waist, knee, shanks, shoulder, hands, feet and other joints of the body).
- Shifting pain in joints occur
- The appearance of patches and abnormal complexion
- A person is unable to put on the socks and shoes due to severe tenderness
- Absence of perspiration or excessive perspiration
- Laxity in joints and severe pain on injury
- Disease onset is rapid. Pain is so severe that it wakes up the person early in the morning.
- Appearance of boils
- Symptoms relieve itself in 4-5 days.
AGGRAVATING FACTORS OF GOUT
Following factors aggravate the condition
- High protein diet including dairy products and pulses
- Diet rich in yeast, oily fish and red meat
- High consumption of alcohol and beverages
DIAGNOSIS OF THE GOUT
Gout can be diagnosed by following methods
- Blood test
- C.T scan
- oint fluid test
COMPLICATIONS OF GOUT
Gout can result in various complications
- Recurrent gout – When signs and symptoms of gout appear again and again
- Advanced gout – When gout remains untreated, deposition of urate crystals occur under the skin which are called Tophi
- Kidney stones – Collection of urate crystals in the urinary tract may lead to kidney stones
NATURAL REMEDIES TO CONTROL HIGH LEVELS OF URIC ACID
Diet and lifestyle changes may also help to treat Gout but some people need medications.
Following natural remedies can be used to reduce the uric acid levels
1. Avoid purine-rich food – Purines on break down produces uric acid. So purine-rich food leads to increased chances of Gout.
High Purine content foods are – Foods rich in sugar, food rich in fats like – dairy products, red meat and bacon, Deli meats and organ meats, Excess alcohol like liquor and beer, tuna, haddock, trout, herring, mussels, anchovies, and deer.
2. Eat more low purine foods – Switch to low purine rich food from high purine rich food.
Low purine content foods are – vegetables, fruits, fat-free dairy products, nuts, peanut butter, bread, potatoes, coffee, and whole grain rice. It is not necessary that everyone who is taking purine-rich food will develop Gout, genetic susceptibility may also play its role.
3. Avoid alcohol and sugary drinks – Excess consumption of alcohol and sugary drinks increases the unnecessary calories to diet as a result weight gain occurs in association with certain metabolic issues.
4. Maintain a healthy body weight – Always maintain healthy body weight to reduce the risk of gout flares.
Younger obese people are at high risk of developing this disease. Increased body weight may lead to high cholesterol, high blood pressure, high risk of metabolic syndrome and high risk of heart disease.
It also leads to higher levels of uric acid, thus leading to Gout.
5. Vitamin- C supplement – It lowers the risk of gout by reducing the uric acid levels in the blood.
6. Drink coffee – Some research indicates that people who drink coffee have fewer chances of developing gout. Persons suffering from cardiovascular disease can improve their overall health by taking coffee. However, coffee may increase the risk of bone fractures and chronic kidney disease.
7. Eat cherries – Persons with prior history of disease on taking cherries may reduce the risk of disease. Eating cherries for 2 days may decrease the chances of gout by 35 percent.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR GOUT
Gout care pack is the herbal remedy by Planet Ayurveda. It is the combination of best quality herbs. It is made by strictly following the Principles of Ayurveda. These Herbal Remedies for Gout are natural, pure and vegetarian, free from chemicals, preservatives, additives and also free from side effects and are safe to use.
DOSAGE – It is given as –
- Punarnava Capsules - 2 capsules two times a day, after meals, with plain water
- Giloy Capsules - 1 capsule two times a day, after meals, with plain water
- Navkarshik Churna - 1 teaspoonful two times a day, after meals, with plain water
- Kaishore Guggul - 2 tablets two times a day, after meals, with plain water.
1. Punarnava capsules – It is the most effective herbal remedy by Planet Ayurveda to reduce uric acid levels. It reduces swelling and pain in joints. It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
2. Giloy capsules – These are prepared by using a standardized extract of giloy herb. It has an anti-inflammatory property and also reduces fever.
3. Navkarshik churna – It is very useful in gout. It is combination of various herbs - Amla (Emblica officinalis), Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurroa), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Vacha (Acorus calamus) and Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia). It has anti oxidant property along with that it improves the immunity of the body.
4. Kaishore Guggul – It is a very effective herb for treating gout. It contain herbs like Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Guggul resin (Commiphora mukul), Black pepper (Piper nigrum), Long piper (Piper longum), Red physic nut (Baliospermum montanum) and Indian jalap (Ipomoea turpethum). It decreases swelling and redness and removes toxins from the body.
How long does it take to do the digestion? The digestion period differs from person to person, just as it changes between men and women. The average transit time through the large intestine or colon is about 40 hours, with a significant difference between men and women. In men, it takes 33 hours and 47 in the case of women.
Acupressure is a technique applied in most Asian countries, also known as acupressure. It is derived from acupuncture and differs from it since without the use of needles it manages to strategically stimulate the energy points through massages performed with the fingers
There have been so many advancements in the available designs of hearing aids and non-implantable artificial hearing technology has grown in leaps and bounds in an effort to improve the quality of life of those living with a hearing impairment!
If you want to reduce your symptoms from allergies caused by dry air or suffering from scratchy throats or clogged nasal passages and even eczema, you need to stay away from all the common mistakes involving your humidifier. Always follow the instructions and recommendations from the manufacturer for maintaining and using your unit.