5 Methods to Fix Malwarebytes Web Protection Setting Won’t Turn on Issue
Malwarebytes, the free antivirus tool is quite used by people for malware scanning. It gives a wonderful report after scanning your system and lets you know the possible hazards your system might be facing.
Nowadays, users are facing a problem with the Web Protection setting and they have reported the problem to us. Malwarebytes Web Protection Setting Won’t Turn On at the time when users do it so. So we have brought this article to make you know the possible methods to get rid of this issue. Let us continue reading and see these methods.
Solution 1: Clean Reinstall Of Malwarebytes
Yes, you can reinstall Malwarebytes and get the issue fixed. Many users have done so and they told us that it works. For this, you have to open MBAM >> My Account. Now, you have to click on Deactivate.
Now, head on to Settings >> Advanced Settings and uncheck the box next to the “Enable self-protection module”. Now, close the program and go to Malwarebytes’ site for downloading mbam-clean.exe tool.
Now, disable your antivirus temporarily and run the mbam-clean.exe tool that you downloaded. Some instructions will be shown to you, follow them for installing the tool. Now, see if the error gets removed or not. If not, then try restarting the system and check it once again.
Solution 2: Re-Run the Program on Your Computer
If the first method fails for you then don’t lose hope, go with this one. This method was not successful for everyone but let’s give it a try.
You can see the Malwarebytes system tray icon at the bottom right part of your screen. Right-click it and then click on the “Quit Malwarebytes” option.
After doing this, you have to reopen Malwarebytes again. You can reopen it from the Start Menu or you can double-click its desktop icon. Have a look at the status of the problem, whether it got fixed or not.
Solution 3: Update Malwarebytes to the Latest Version
This issue was faced in certain versions of Malwarebytes. Developers updated the version and the issue was certainly fixed. You can update to the latest version and it might solve the case.
1. You will see a popup message on your screen at the time when a new version is available. If you have received such kind of notification then you have to click Install Now and simply jump to step 5.
2. If you haven’t received such notification (maybe you have disabled this functionality) then it is better to check for updates manually.
3. For this, open Malwarebytes and then navigate to the Application tab in Settings.
4. Now, click Install Updates here.
5. Now, you have to click OK and then click on Yes.
6. Just follow the instructions on-screen for updating the tool
7. After it gets updated, check whether the issue remains or gets fixed.
Go for the next method if you still face the issue.
Solution 4: Uninstall the Driver for MBAM Web Protection
Uninstalling the driver will help you as it will force the tool to install the drivers on its own after rebooting your computer. After following the steps, your issue will certainly get over.
1. First of all, right-click on the Malwarebytes system tray icon at the bottom right part of your screen. Then, you need to click on the “Quit Malwarebytes” option.
2. Now, you have to open the command prompt. if you are not able to find it search with the help of a search box of Windows and you will find it.
3. Right-click it after it gets open, and select the “Run as administrator” option.
4. Now, you have to copy and paste the following command and click the enter button.
sc delete mbamwebprotection
5. Now, you have to restart your computer and reopen Malwarebytes.
6. Now, go to the Protection tab in Settings and then you have to check under the Real-Time Protection section for Web Protection.
7. Switch the toggle slider from Off to ON and see if the issue gets solved or not.
Solution 5: Restart the MBAM service
Follow the steps for doing so:
1. Open the task manager.
2. Search for the MBAMService.exe entry displayed on the list in the Processes tab of Task Manager.
3. Now, you have to right-click on the services that you see here and choose the End task option.
4. Click Yes to the message displayed on the screen.
5. Now, you have to click on New >> Task and type in “MBAMService.exe” in the Run new Task windows which pops up.
6. Restart the system and check the issue now.
So, here were the possible methods to fix Malwarebytes Web Protection won’t turn on problem. Just follow the above-mentioned steps properly and your issue will get solved definitely.
The evolution of in-store retail helped to cater to the needs of fast-paced shoppers who wish to conduct their purchases as quickly as possible. As part of this, retail businesses are adopting Omnichannel pipeline to provide a seamless shopping experience.
Anyone who has served customers acknowledges that the customer experience that you offer to them is the ultimate key for getting closer to your customers.
Historically businesses have developed into ‘siloed’ functional units like Professional Services, Educational Service, Support Services and more.
Fleet management is an integral part of a business, which covers vehicle maintenance, driver management, cost control, productivity, compliance, and such other activities. Even the smallest mistake in any of these activities may result in a significant loss to the company in terms of productivity or costs.
Metadata, in simple terms, is data about data – it tells the user where and how data is stored within an organisation. As such, it makes complete sense that data management professionals are eager about metadata management these days
The road to meeting the revenue or profit goals is not easy for any business. The journey is full of obstacles, but in order to gain success, a business has to smartly overcome or dodge the hurdles. At the same time, it is also very important to make sure that the journey is planned
After reviewing some of the visitor management systems (VMS) in the market, we have curated a list of the best software systems currently available. In this blog, we will cover their specific benefits, suitability, USPs, and all other essential aspects that must be kept in mind while investing in an efficient computerized visitor check-in system.
Data lineage describes the life-cycle of data, from its origins to how it is manipulated over time until it reaches its present form. The lineage explains the various processes involved in the data flow of an organization and the factors that influence each process. In other words, data lineage provides data about your data.
Can I backup or transfer email folders from Microsoft Outlook to my Gmail account? Becomes a quite often query asked by many people. Fortunately! You can export Outlook emails easily in Google Mail account without taking any pain. All you need to do is to read this article carefully. So, let’s begin!!