10 Proven Sleep Tips To Help You Rest
Lack of a good night’s sleep can have negative effects you may not even realize. The resulting sluggishness, absentmindedness, disorientation, and irritability can impede productivity, concentration and good decision making. The importance of getting the proper amount of rest cannot be overstated.
For some people, sleep comes easier than for others. If you’re one in the group that has some difficulty nodding off, anything you can do to ease the transition will be helpful. 10 Proven Sleep Tips To Help You Rest
Follow these 10 simple tips to get to sleep quicker and stay that way longer:
• Set a routine and stick to it – Sleep comes easiest when your body is expecting it. Make a bedtime and rise-time, avoid naps and abide by the decision; you’re body will grow accustomed and follow along with time. The more you can stick to it, the better for establishing regular sleep intervals that are critical for deep rest.
• Avoid stimulants – Ingesting certain substances from caffeinated coffee and soda to alcohol, cigarettes and illicit drugs can cause sleep problems. Sugar filled sweets and candy can also cause problems if eaten too close to bedtime.
• Exercise regularly – If the body has had a vigorous workout, it is more likely to be in need of rest and succumb to natural tendencies. Exercise also promotes good overall physical health and mental well-being, both of which contribute to good sleep habits.
• Minimize distractions – A cool, dark room that is insulated from noise and other distractions is most conducive to a good night’s sleep. Turn off the television or any other electronic devices that emit sound or light that will hinder deep sleep.
• Make your bed a sleeping space – Many people are tempted to watch television, work or surf the web in bed. Don’t. Limit bedtime to sleeping and you will be less likely to hang out when you should be asleep. Make sure your sleeping comfortable memory foam bedding has been proven to promote a better nights’ sleep. Find a bed that’s right for you, the difference in size of a twin and king memory foam mattress can make a difference in your sleeping habits.
• Eat right – Observing a proper, balanced diet helps ensure the entire body works the way it was intended – this goes for the mind and the ability to sleep soundly as well. Many foods with excessive sugar or even caffeine can cause restlessness and should be avoided close to bedtime.
• Relax – mental exercises like meditation and deep breathing can help ready the body for sleep. Bedtime is not the right time for introspection or worrying about bills or other stressful issues.
• Avoid electronic devices – Close to bedtime, it is a good idea not to watch television, use the computer or other devices as their lights are stimulating to the brain.
• Have a snack – Carbohydrate-rich foods can help bring the body into a sleep state. Try a light serving of turkey, whole-grain cereal, granola or milk or tea.
• Take a warm bath or shower – The water will relax the body and you’ll be clean and ready to sleep.
What You Can Do
Make a schedule and stick to it. Go to bed and wake up at specified times each day. Your body will adjust to the routine and adapt accordingly.
Get comfortable with a new bed and surroundings. Are your bedroom accommodations conducive to sleep? If you have an innerspring bed, consider upgrading to a memory foam mattress. The therapeutic qualities of memory foam improve circulation and eliminate pressure points that can lead to soreness and insomnia.
Turn off all electronics. Televisions, iPhones, computers and similar distractions can impede proper sleep. Make your bedroom an electronics-free zone to encourage your body to relax and sleep.
Stress is one of the most significant factors for sleep deprivation. When you are stressed or anxious, your mind will continue to grind, even past the sleeping time. Insomnia and other sleeping disorders are also attributed to chronic stress as well.
Fibromyalgia literally means immensely painful muscles. Fibromyalgia is a complicated long-term medical condition which is not characterized by a specific cause and its proper Fibromyalgia Cure is yet to be found. It can’t be referred to as a specific disorder.
Atrial fibrillation is a condition that makes your heart beat much faster than it normally would, in addition to disrupting the heart rhythm. As such, it increases your risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases, including heart attacks and strokes
While most of us crack jokes on our snoring, the habit actually is more than just an embarrassing or irritating practice. Snoring can be a serious sleep disorder and those who suffer from this sleep disorder named Sleep Apnea, have 40% more chances to die early than others.
If you have finally decided to start working out, good for you! The only thing to keep in mind is that, being a beginner, it will be a challenge to form a habit of exercising. That's why it's necessary to make all the necessary steps to be well-prepared and not to feel discouraged and give up after a week or so.
It’s no secret that we live in a world that is way more sedentary than it used to be. Sitting for so long, whether at a desk or traveling, has put us in a prime position to be a little worried about deep vein thrombosis, also known as DVT. DVT occurs when a blood clot develops in your vein