Is Your Child Experiencing A Phone Addiction?
These days it is very easy for children to become addicted to the smart mobile devices. These devices can perform a wide range of functions and communication with a large audience can be done in seconds without oral communication. From all perspectives, there are more disadvantages of phone addiction. Many times the parents wonder whom their children are communicating with for long hours. In this article, you will learn how to track and monitor your children’s smartphone usage online.
How to track text messages on your children’s mobile devices?
As a parent, you will feel more comfortable knowing what your children are doing online. It is also essential to explain to your children why you have decided to monitor their interaction online and the benefits of this action.
Addiction to using phones makes it difficult to have access to these devices if you decide to snoop. There will hardly be a time when they leave their phones lying around, and many times, the phones will be locked with passwords. You can gain access to your children’s mobile devices by using modern tracking methods.
Install a text message tracker
A text message app will send you complete details of the messages that are sent and received on your child’s phone. These details include dates, time of receipt or when the messages were sent, as well as the information contained in the message. The phone tracking app is monitored from a control panel installed on your computer.
How to confirm if your children are addicted to their smartphones?
The scientific term used to describe smartphone addiction is nomophobia. It refers to the anxiety that people feel when they do not have access to their phone for a long time.
The following statistics represent the smartphone usage among teenagers:
78% of teenagers use their smartphones every hour;
72% of teenagers respond to text messages within a few seconds;
44% of teenagers actively use their smartphones during meals;
67% of teenagers check their smartphones without hearing alerts that indicate there is an unread message or notification.
Managing smartphone addiction
We cannot entirely separate our lifestyle from using modern technology, but we can manage its use to prevent excesses that can become a disadvantage. Children who are addicted to using smartphones can be helped by their parents. The following ideas should act as a guide to help you support your children in this situation.
- Establish and strengthen the friendship bond between you can the child. Be ready to support them whenever your help is needed.
- Regard your children as adults. Make them realize that they are entirely responsible for their actions; teach them how to control their behavior.
- Let them know as a parent you have the authority to make and implement rules.
- If you notice your child withdrawing from the real world with a preference for spending more time online, talk with them; find out if they have any worries and fears. If you can discover the reasons for withdrawal steps should be taken to help, them overcome their fears.
- Create a family time when everybody in your home switches off their computers and smartphones to enjoy a normal oral interaction. Playing games and telling stories is a great idea to make these occasions exciting.
- Enforce rules to prevent the use of mobile devices in parts of your home such as the rooms, bathrooms, the kitchen, etc. you can monitor your children better when they use their mobile devices around you. They will also get more sleep time rather than use their mobile devices late into the night.
- Set the standards. Your children are watching you. If you spend hours using your mobile devices, then it seems like an acceptable habit. Limit your use of smartphones while attempting to interact with your children more.
- Find out what your children are doing online. If you discover that they are accessing certain improper sites, you can quickly take steps to educate them about the dangers before it is too late.
Becoming addicted to using mobile devices can hinder the social development of the child. This means they can grow up to become adults who cannot properly fit into the society. As the parent, it is your responsibility to help your children avoid this problem by implementing ways to help them control the urge to use their mobile devices frequently.
Stimulating memory is of great importance since the children are very young. In a way adapted to your abilities and your learning pace, you can work on this mental quality that is so important to your life.
Are you looking for interesting and original gift ideas for the birthday of a boy aged 15 to 18? It is indeed a very particular age group, in which the boys are still children who love to play, but in which they are also adults, men in all respects, ready to live life a little more seriously.
Getting a bunk bed is a brilliant way to save space in a room and works ideally if your children share a room. Also, do not forget that kids love to sleep on bunk beds. However, a bunk bed is not like a regular bed, hence there are certain safety norms that you should follow to keep your kids safe.
When the days are getting shorter and shorter, the rain is coming more regularly and the cold is coming out, or when the sun is beating outside and you stay cool in the house, find out what indoor activities to offer your child. At two years old, it's not easy to keep busy while staying at home!
What do you want to play? Come on, we will let you choose the one you want from the best card games for children that we are going to tell you. They are card games for children from 3 years, 5 years for all ages. What's great? These can serve as games for children's parties, to have fun at your pajama party or on any occasion.
At the birthday party, creativity is must be needed. With a birthday cake, a few balloons and a round pot beating the little party guests are no longer impressive. As a party planner, you'll have to come up with a few extraordinary ideas so that the children's birthday is the number one topic of conversation the next day.
Unstructured free time is an integral part of childhood. Schools are shortening recess time or taking it away altogether and replacing it with more structured activities, thus taking away a big part of their unstructured free playtime. That alone is ruining the ability of children to creatively play, run, jump and exercise, and explore.