Why Do Most European Houses Have White Interior Walls?
If you are intrigued by seeing the sheer number of European houses with white interior walls and are wondering if they are averse to using other colours, think again. White walls in the European houses, contrary to some beliefs, are not just a standard delivered by the contractors but also a style choice for many homeowners. Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why most European houses have white walls:
- A neutral colour - As a neutral colour, white is easily paired with furniture and accessories of any colour and design, serving as a blank canvas for homeowners to experiment as per their will for the decor scheme. Any top interior designer will also tell you that making mistakes with white is fairly easy as it can simply be painted over for a new look.
- A traditional choice - Traditionally, white was used to paint not just the interiors nut also exterior walls of homes as it was supposed to keep insects away. Walls were whitewashed with lime to make them impermeable for bugs and insects.
- White reflects light and brightens up the room – The ability of light to make the most of the natural and incandescent light falling upon its surface to create a bright and well-lit atmosphere is also the reason why most homes in Europe have their walls painted in white.
- All white for luxury – One can never go wrong when it comes to decorating the home with white. This is why the best interior designer in Europe often recommend using white, in its stark shade or in the sundry other options like ivory, mother of pearl, tallow, etc. available with paint manufacturers to even create the luxury interior design.
- Creates a soothing and relaxing ambiance – White creates a soothing and calming ambiance with its light neutral shades. Instead of using clean and simple lines which might create a formal and neat appearance, opt for frills and distressed finishing in furniture and furnishings. Think of white lace to soften the appearance of any room.
- White is a practical choice – for paint, upholstery, furnishings, furniture, accessories et al, white is a practical choice, one you can always depend on to create a stylish ambiance for the home. Any theme, any design, any pattern, and colour work equally well with white making it a great choice for painting the interior walls.
- White has the power to create harmony in decor – Regardless of whether you have different decor schemes for different rooms in the house, different furniture and even different kinds of flooring, white walls will encourage flow and continuity for an overall harmonious look for your home, making it the preferred colour for walls.
- For a no-frills decor – Those who like to keep their homes clutter-free and designed along the minimalist modern styles turn to white to help them create the desired decor in their home. Even with the bare minimum of furniture and accessories, stark white painted walls create an air of sophistication and elegance.
- Creating old-world luxury comes easy with white – For those who seek the classically elegant vintage look for their homes, white walls are perfect. Pair them with polished wood furniture and delicate fabrics like lace and net for a throwback to the earlier centuries.
White walls are in essence practical, functional, and even stylish for interiors. Popular in homes in Europe, they can be adopted for just about any space to create mesmerizing and stunning interiors with just a little planning and consideration. So don’t hesitate to use white to paint the interior walls of your home with white.
Improving the manner in which your home or office spaces look is one of the most delightful things that you will have to do for sure. There are obviously plenty of things that you will have to do when you are considering this option.
If you are planning to make a decision between blinds or curtains for your house or office, you will surely have to plan things in advance. This is one of the basic decisions which you will have to make so try as much as you can to research well and make a well-informed decision.
We all understand the importance of having the proper interior design done in our living or working spaces. It reflects our style as well as our preferences so we really have to make sure we make the right decision. There are plenty of things that you will have to keep in mind when you are planning the interior design in your house.
As summer heat settles in and renovation projects kick into full swing, get some inspiration from these 7 amazing 2020 bathroom design trends! When you're looking to tackle a new project and update your home, look no further than your bathroom.
If you are thinking of security for your home from intruders, wild animals, and insects, your number one priority should be to secure your doors and windows. Doors are the most likely targets of any intruder, and hence providing greater security for your doors should be topmost on your list.
The Living Room is the most-loved part of the home. It keeps every member of the family connected and allows them to have fun. Also, it has the welcoming, relaxing, and warming vibes that everyone looks in their home. So it’s not wrong to call it ‘Core’ of a home
Everyone wants to live in a perfect home and they do a lot to do so. But sometimes even if we all have big dreams to work on some elegant home design ideas, we are unable to work on it because of the budget. When we talk about the bedroom, it needs to look the best for sweet dreams.