Shutters: An Overview
Placing curtains over the windows has been in practice from many decades as curtains not only help in enhancing the aesthetics of interiors but also retains your privacy. Interestingly in recent years a change is being witnessed in this practice and in current scenario people are moving towards the use of shutters rather than placing curtains over the windows. An interesting fact about shutters which in-fact may be considered responsible for their increasing use is their placement at both the exterior and interior fronts depending upon the requirement of customers.
Installing the shutters: From the above description it is clear that shutters are mainly installed on the windows going through the preferences of the customers on the interior or exterior of the room. They are mainly fixed on the fame of window on which they would be installed either horizontally or vertically. It would be interested to know that going through the preferences of buyers there are different formats of shutters namely Seattle, Georgia, Hollywood, Boston, Phoenix, Carolina, Venetian, Roller, and Pleated are available in market. Depending upon the requirement of buyers they developed by making use of glass, fabrics, solid panels etc.
Benefits of installing Shutters: As referred above shutters can be installed at both exterior and interior of your place, and therefore going through the installation they offer different benefits to the customers.
Benefits enjoyed by installing shutters on the exterior portion: Placing shutters on the exterior of your home not only offers an eye catching facelift to your home, but also offers plethora of benefits which can be summarized as below:
- Now days going through the dynamic environmental changes across the world it has even become for scientists to predict exactly about the weather. Installing shutters on exterior protects your window from being damaged by hails, wind flows etc.
- If you are planning to sale your property then installing shutters will help in enhancing the value of your place and you will be able to get the expected value of your place from the buyer.
- It is a universal truth that intruders in your home make entry from the windows, having shutters on both the exterior and interior protects your house from the unwanted entrance of intruders and protect your valuable assets placed inside the room.
Benefits enjoyed by installing interior shutters: Where exterior shutters add elegance to the exterior of your home, interior shutters undoubtedly help in exploring the fascinating appeal of your interiors. But, apart from this they offer various benefits also, which can be summarized as follows:
- In current scenario when there is dynamic hike in the bill of electricity, installing shutters help you in controlling your expenses on electricity bills, as they keep the temperature inside your room constant depending upon the weather. During summer season they do not let the cool air go out of your room and during winter do not let the cool air enter inside your room.
- On more interesting benefit of interior shutters is that they protect your valuable furniture from fading due to ultra-violet rays of sun.
- As shutters are available in horizontal and vertical formats they do not sag or get wrinkles like curtains when folded, giving a boring and dull appearance to interior of your room.
- One more interesting benefit of interior shutters is that they do not require any special care to look after them and can easily be cleaned with help of damp water cloth.
Factors to consider before buying shutters for your place: Depending upon your budget there are different types of shutters available in market and therefore you get what you paid for. However, still there are certain factors which should be kept in concern before buying them:
- On how many windows it would be better to install shutters?
- Do I really need to get shutters installed at my windows?
- What type of shutters will be best for my windows?
- What type of material should I use for installing shutters?
- How many panels would be suitable for shutter that I get installed at my windows?
- And finally the last but not the least, what will be my overall budget?
Finding an answer to all these questions will definitely help you in getting the type of shutters installed at your place and that also at the price that best suits to your pocket.
If you are thinking of security for your home from intruders, wild animals, and insects, your number one priority should be to secure your doors and windows. Doors are the most likely targets of any intruder, and hence providing greater security for your doors should be topmost on your list.
The Living Room is the most-loved part of the home. It keeps every member of the family connected and allows them to have fun. Also, it has the welcoming, relaxing, and warming vibes that everyone looks in their home. So it’s not wrong to call it ‘Core’ of a home
Everyone wants to live in a perfect home and they do a lot to do so. But sometimes even if we all have big dreams to work on some elegant home design ideas, we are unable to work on it because of the budget. When we talk about the bedroom, it needs to look the best for sweet dreams.
Timeless design will ensure your bedroom decor maintains classic style even when the seasons and designs trends shift. But what is a timeless design, and how can you achieve it in your bedroom decor?
What is your Personal Style? We know it is hard to describe. But when you are able to identify it, you always want to add it to your home, especially to the living room as it the first place your guests notice after entering your home. So don’t forget to put some extra efforts on it.
Window coverings are very important for your home, to maintain your privacy as well as to keep the heat and light out of your home. Using blinds and shutters have many benefits, as opposed to going with traditional fabric curtains, which can be very cumbersome and difficult to handle.
Mid-Century bedroom designs are getting a lot of attention in today’s time because of its ultrachic aesthetics, clean lines, and organic appeals. It has all the beautiful elements that will easily make anyone fall in love with it. The wooden furnishing with modular décor with a metallic finish, plants, and natural lights…these all make a great combination and give your home a high-style feeling.