Seven Ways to Improve the Lifetime Value (LTV) of App Users
Developers judge the app success based on download numbers or position in the app store ranks. But, this number doesn’t indicate whether an app is financially successful. Getting more downloads or higher ranking are sign for successful apps, but they don’t indicate that how much value users are generating over the period in which they use the app.
One can say - ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) helps to measure the value generated by the users, but it’s quite different than LTV (Life Time Value). To calculate ARPU, simply take the total revenue and divide by total downloads that give the average revenue generated by each user. ARPU is a relatively simple calculation as compared to LTV.
What is Life Time Value (LTV)
Customer lifetime value is defined as a present value of the potential contribution of the customers for business over a period of time.
Ways to Improve Life Time Value
1. Try to keep customer satisfaction ratings high : Always work in a direction that lead to increase the customer satisfaction rate that means developers should focus on the feedback of the end users. Try to understand what users exactly want. Always welcome users’ feedback, and then respond to them immediately and intelligently. Add reviews and ratings features to the app. Also, developers should provide valuable content and demo video to give an overview of the app. Spread the news about the app via ads on popular sites, also give tips and coupons that help to increase customer satisfaction rates.
2. Work on every customer interaction : Take an advantage of each customer order by developing a loyal relationship with them. Always try to build a trustful relationship with customers that help to create the brand positivity in their mind. When customers use the app, reward them through the coupons, points or discounts. Also, make a special scheme for the first time app users.
3. Always feel them your presence : When customers are using the app very first time, developers should realise that they are with their customers at anytime. Developers can achieve this through content marketing strategy, social media engagement, frequent app upgrades, excellent communication and customer relationship.
4. Communicate regularly and be responsive : Always stay in touch with customers through the ads and notifications that help to create an app deep image of the app in user’s mind. Maximum use the social media to reach out to the customers, take customers' suggestions seriously and work out on that direction.
5. Offer Referral Programs : In a cut through competition, referral programs help to attract more buyers and build a strong bonding between buyers and developers. Developers should offer discount coupons, free membership or free products as a referral bonus.
6. Create a sense of urgency : The word ‘Urgency’ is a psychological motivator. To attract more customers and increasing the interest of existing customers, developer should offer coupon codes that viable for a great discount. For example Groupon, provide an attractive way to increasing the users. An effective remarketing crusade is a great way to clear stock and brings customers back to the app. Such a crusade helps to active latent customers.
7. Segment customers to maximize profit : The main aim behind any business is to maximize the profit. Segment the customers through core attributes, common attributes to consider include past purchase frequency, past purchase value, acquisition channel, location and demographic idea. Determine few groups of users, test different offers to them, and optimize for both revenue and profit.
Life Time Value helps to take the app to the next level. This article helps to improve the LTV and convert one-shot customers to lifetime customers. Each strategy discussed here will have a direct impact on customers’ life time value.
In the context of mobile app development, there are two key considerations: product quality and time to market. For this reason, developers turn to cross-platform frameworks, such as Cordova, Intel XDK, Flutter, and more to ensure that both the factors get addressed
The world, regarding technology, has come to the point that would have been unimaginable just a few decades ago. The advances that we have achieved are nothing short of brilliant. Perhaps the most excellent example of the astonishing advances technology has made artificial intelligence.
Educators and parents across the globe are now increasingly accepting the fact that the goal of education is to help students gain knowledge and values and not merely gather facts. As is the case with the existence of most phenomenon in society, education has observed consistent advancement and evolution that has served to further the system's reach and impact across the social structure.
Successful mobile apps have made a significant contribution towards business growth! 2017 was the year when businesses from different industries started realizing the effectiveness of app development. App development no longer remains an optional investment; instead, mobile app development is a necessity.
Business applications or enterprise applications are software used by businesses to assist in solving everyday challenges. While very small businesses (<10 employees) can use off-the-shelf apps, other businesses require applications that are tailor-made and adhere to the organizational architecture and hierarchy
Losing smartphone data is one of the most disheartening moments in the life of a smartphone user. iPhone photos or iPhone contacts disappeared? The data could have disappeared though unintentional deletion, any device damage or software upgrades, but it still represents that your continued efforts to save moments through your camera lens and save essential contacts and documents have been wiped out.
You've made all the arrangements. You booked your lodge for the weekend; you let family, friends, and co-workers know you'll be off the grid all weekend. Now, the night before you leave, you pull out your phone to check your reservations one last time — only for it to freeze.
There was a time when clicking mesmerising photographs was limited to things – the capacity of your camera reels and your luck. There was no option to delete and click another one if your photographic soul is not satisfied with the outcome. However, with the blessings of modern technologies, the appearance of smartphones with high megapixels cameras have made photography much more smooth and interesting.
The professional world is really unruly and business security can be compromised at the drop of a hat. Unlike some of the other financial crimes out there, Mobile-based crime is not as easy to track as it seems. In the virtual world (well, almost virtual, since it is the era of technology and smart phones), one has to deal with the stealth of cyber criminals, who have mastered the art of breaking codes and performing ID breaches.