How Much Exercise Do You Need to Do to Burn off Calories This Holiday Season?
The holiday season is upon us, and 't is the season to be snacking! Although you are probably busier counting presents than calories this month, you should still keep an eye on what you eat if you don't want to gain any dreaded holiday weight. By upping the ante when it comes to exercise this month you can definitely have your Christmas cake and eat it too!
Whether you are going to the gym, working out at home or even dancing the night away at your office party, here are the number of calories you can burn through exercise.
Cycling your way to a slimmer waistline
Credit: Tinny Photo/Shutterstock
To avoid having Santa's silhouette you might want to consider cycling. It is a great cardio exercise to help prevent piling on those unwanted pounds, and the best part about it is that you are not restricted to going to the gym. You can cycle your way around town and work out simultaneously. The number of calories you lose cycling depends on the intensity and speed of the workout. If you would like to easily track your progress, there are numerous devices you can buy to help you do that. So, whether you are at the gym or on your way to work, grab a bike and start pedaling!
- 100g serving of Christmas pudding – 330 calories: 1 hour 26 minutes of cycling
- Mince Pie - 230 calories: 46 minutes of cycling
- A slice of Christmas cake - 220 calories: 40 minutes of cycling
- Large handful of festive glazed mixed nuts – 240 calories: 50 minutes of cycling
- Glazed ham and mustard sauce with red cabbage, roast potatoes and vegetables – 510 calories: 2 hours and 5 minutes
Try running this holiday season
Whether you run for the bus, in the park or on the treadmill, there are many benefits associated with this exercise - it reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, it strengthens your joints, it is a killer leg workout, and it torches some serious calories. You can choose to sprint or walk briskly depending on your physical level, but try pushing yourself to do better every time. So how much running should you do if you over-eat this season?
- Two fondant chocolates – 120 calories: 22 minute brisk walk
- A prawn cocktail starter – 232: 45 minute brisk walk
- A slice of Christmas ham served with roasted parsnips – 180 calories: 30 minute brisk walk
- A slice of nut roast covered in gravy, with vegetables – 370 calories: 75 minute brisk walk
- Two pieces of Turkish delight -120 calories: 10 minute run
- A small gingerbread cookie - 190 calories: 20 minute run
- A slice of roast turkey served with two potatoes and vegetables – 460 calories: 43 minute run
- Cheese served with crackers and grapes – 340 calories: 20 minute run plus toning exercises
- Mince pies (one pie) - 200 calories: 30 minute run
Skip to weightloss success
This exercise may bring back fond childhood memories, but it's worth doing for more than just nostalgic reasons. Skipping can be a lot of fun, and if done properly it has many health benefits. Take it from online fitness trainer Sacha Harding, who has said: ‘If you are looking for an effortless, yet very effective approach to losing unwanted calories, skipping is the way to go.’ Along with that, skipping helps with toning the muscles in the lower and upper body, it helps to improve your skin, it keeps osteoporosis in check by improving bone density, and it’s the best tool for weight loss.
- Rum balls (one ball) – around 100 calories: Skip for 7-10 minutes
- Pavlova (120g) - 272 calories: Skip for 25 minutes
- Candy cane (1 medium) - 56 calories: Skip for 5 minutes
When one talks about health a lot of the conversation revolves around how we’re feeling physically. But health is so much more than that. True health is a combination of 5 specific areas of our lives and to fully encompass health, one must feel as though they are fulfilling every aspect as much as they think is necessary.
Belonging to a class of vegetables, breadfruit comes loaded with lots of health benefits some of which are hard to believe or comprehend. The fruit originates from Artocarpus Atlillis and a member of the mulberry. As a result, some of the people regard it as a mulberry.
Mobility scooters provide a feeling of liberty to people with mobility problems. Scooters eclipse the effectiveness and facility of wheelchairs and walkers to give comfort and convenience. Because of this, mobility scooters are quickly becoming one of the devices today, utilized by both young and old.
The article helps you find out some of the ways Yoga helps you achieve your goals. The ancient science of Yoga has taken this generation by storm. From what-to-do to how-to-implement and from when-to-apply to where-to-focus, today, Yoga can help you in all spheres of life.
Learn in detail about the five best ways to attract new customers to your yoga studio through this article.
Now that 2017 is coming to a close, it is a good time to sit back and take stock of how the last 12 months have affected your long term plans, and what the New Year will hold. By the time January 1st comes round, many of us are making half-baked resolutions about going to the gym more and cutting down on smoking.
Dealing with a drug addiction can be tough and it becomes worse when you think of recovery. There comes a time when attaining sobriety seems to be an impossible goal, but, with willingness and efforts, many addicts reach the top successfully.