How Much Exercise Do You Need to Do to Burn off Calories This Holiday Season?
The holiday season is upon us, and 't is the season to be snacking! Although you are probably busier counting presents than calories this month, you should still keep an eye on what you eat if you don't want to gain any dreaded holiday weight. By upping the ante when it comes to exercise this month you can definitely have your Christmas cake and eat it too!
Whether you are going to the gym, working out at home or even dancing the night away at your office party, here are the number of calories you can burn through exercise.
Cycling your way to a slimmer waistline
Credit: Tinny Photo/Shutterstock
To avoid having Santa's silhouette you might want to consider cycling. It is a great cardio exercise to help prevent piling on those unwanted pounds, and the best part about it is that you are not restricted to going to the gym. You can cycle your way around town and work out simultaneously. The number of calories you lose cycling depends on the intensity and speed of the workout. If you would like to easily track your progress, there are numerous devices you can buy to help you do that. So, whether you are at the gym or on your way to work, grab a bike and start pedaling!
- 100g serving of Christmas pudding – 330 calories: 1 hour 26 minutes of cycling
- Mince Pie - 230 calories: 46 minutes of cycling
- A slice of Christmas cake - 220 calories: 40 minutes of cycling
- Large handful of festive glazed mixed nuts – 240 calories: 50 minutes of cycling
- Glazed ham and mustard sauce with red cabbage, roast potatoes and vegetables – 510 calories: 2 hours and 5 minutes
Try running this holiday season
Whether you run for the bus, in the park or on the treadmill, there are many benefits associated with this exercise - it reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, it strengthens your joints, it is a killer leg workout, and it torches some serious calories. You can choose to sprint or walk briskly depending on your physical level, but try pushing yourself to do better every time. So how much running should you do if you over-eat this season?
- Two fondant chocolates – 120 calories: 22 minute brisk walk
- A prawn cocktail starter – 232: 45 minute brisk walk
- A slice of Christmas ham served with roasted parsnips – 180 calories: 30 minute brisk walk
- A slice of nut roast covered in gravy, with vegetables – 370 calories: 75 minute brisk walk
- Two pieces of Turkish delight -120 calories: 10 minute run
- A small gingerbread cookie - 190 calories: 20 minute run
- A slice of roast turkey served with two potatoes and vegetables – 460 calories: 43 minute run
- Cheese served with crackers and grapes – 340 calories: 20 minute run plus toning exercises
- Mince pies (one pie) - 200 calories: 30 minute run
Skip to weightloss success
This exercise may bring back fond childhood memories, but it's worth doing for more than just nostalgic reasons. Skipping can be a lot of fun, and if done properly it has many health benefits. Take it from online fitness trainer Sacha Harding, who has said: ‘If you are looking for an effortless, yet very effective approach to losing unwanted calories, skipping is the way to go.’ Along with that, skipping helps with toning the muscles in the lower and upper body, it helps to improve your skin, it keeps osteoporosis in check by improving bone density, and it’s the best tool for weight loss.
- Rum balls (one ball) – around 100 calories: Skip for 7-10 minutes
- Pavlova (120g) - 272 calories: Skip for 25 minutes
- Candy cane (1 medium) - 56 calories: Skip for 5 minutes
The temperature of our surroundings can have a profound effect on our health and our quality of sleep. Some studies have shown our sleep to be calmer in colder temperatures, while others have suggested it can even be beneficial for preventing disease, and also delaying the aging process by affecting the body’s metabolism.
Hearing aid care is relatively easy and not a complicated process for most hearing aids worldwide. However, it is important that you consistently spend time caring for your hearing aid by following a few simple steps to ensure you enjoy the same level of hearing quality even after a few years of use!
Do you wake up every morning and as soon as you put your foot down, you feel a stabbing pain below the heel? You are not alone my friend; many adults are going through the same agony. You suffer from Plantar fasciitis commonly known as heel pain.
Times have changed: an optimal filling rate, additional service offerings and care provided only within the hospital are no longer sufficient to guarantee the financial health of health facilities. Today, market evolution and payment reform require you to completely redefine your care management.
Arjuna is a herbal tree. The Latin name of it is Terminalia arjuna. This herbal plant has the properties which has the quality to balance all the three doshas- Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. It is a deciduous evergreen tree that grows at a height of 100 feet in a throughout wet, marshy, sub-Himalayan regions of India and Sri Lanka.
During the summer, you want to look your best. Between festivals and trips to the beach, there are plenty of different photo ops that you need to be ready for. Finding time to take care of all of your beauty needs can be difficult when you are living a fast-paced life. However, there are simple beauty hacks that can help you this summer.