The Different Functions of The Different Parts of Auto Electrical System
All the vehicles are motor vehicles. They work on motors and thus they indirectly work on the auto electrical system. Cars have the most effective electrical systems and use number of different electrical parts. It does works on the auto electrical systems. The car works on the basis of three electrical devices and they are the battery, the starter, and the alternator. The major part is that the battery of the car provides the essence or life force to the car engine and the alternator gives more boosts to the car engine to start and continue with its on-road performance. Some of the parts of the auto electrical system are as below:
The Main Parts of the Auto Electrical Are:
- Magneto( magneto system) - The parts of it are permanent magnets, coil and cranking mechanism
- Generator (dynamo/shunt generator system) - The parts of it are frame, armature and field coils
- Alternator (star connection of the alternator) - The parts consist of frame, electromagnets, stator, slip rings and bushes.
- Voltage regulator( cut out relay system)
The Magneto System
- It uses magnets to the generate alternating current.
- uses permanent magnet
- it is kind of the alternator but only it uses permanent magnets
- They are responsible for producing electricity and ignite petrol engines. It is to be noted that in case of an electrical loose connection you must cross check the battery and the engine quality to understand how much battery velocity is lost.
- The advantage of it is that it has steady load variations which give rise to major functional aspects of the car.
- At the end of this auto electrical system, the electrical energy changes into the mechanical energy.
The Shunt Generator System
- Here the dynamo converts mechanical energy into electrical energy and charges the battery of the vehicle.
- Its speed depends on the speed of the engine. With the increase of the engine speed, the speed of the generator also increases.
- It produces direct current.
The Alternator System
- This is called an AC generator which also produces alternating current than the direct current.
- As the auto electrical system uses direct current, the alternating current produced her is transformed to direct current with the use of the alternator with the help of diodes.
- There can be two types of car electrical systems, the AC and the DC. Depending on the battery discharge rate you can go for maintaining your auto electrical system and you can also maintain the same with minimum spare part refurbishment.
The Cut Out Relay System
- This is insufficient for the charging of the battery.
- It connects or disconnects the generator with the battery.
- It prevents the battery for discharging when the engines are running at a slow speed.
Functions of The Battery
- The main function of the battery is to preserve electrical energy in the form of DC current for the use of the car.
- A battery has two poles positive and negative. The car uses negative earth technology.
Advantages of Auto Electrical System
- They reduce emissions thus causing less pollution.
- Saves a lot of money on fuel.
- These electric vehicles can be charged.
- These are very good action on fuel and also thus produces torque for better working of the car.
- They use internal combustion engines which do not cause pollution.
- These rechargeable batteries can be recycled easily.
- The performance of electric cars is not reliable and efficient than the other available cars.
- These are more popular than the furl and the diesel driven cars.
Thus, using electrical used cars is a big advantage to the environment as well as health. These are also environmentally friendly.
Car purchase might be one of the largest investments you make after buying a house. There are numerous options available when you want to buy a vehicle, starting from purchasing a brand new one, buying a used vehicle or leasing a car. This decision mainly depends on your budget, personal preferences, and your goal.
Are you a car driver or do you own a car? Here are some serious injuries you need to know that can occur from a car accident.
Driving a car down the road has become a trivial task in the 21st century when almost everyone owns a car. Roads are filled with traffic throughout the day with cars moving at different speeds and directions throughout the day. Just like any other machine, cars are also bound to face a few problems every now and then.
A transmission is a mechanism within the system of power transmission in a vehicle. This transmission controls the power application and it is normally termed as the gearbox with gear trains and gears to provide torque conversion and speed from its rotation power.
Most of you will agree that your car is one of the most prized possessions of your life. You can consider it as your second home. You may spend hundreds of dollars and time on pampering and decorating your vehicle by adding the latest range of auto parts and accessories.
If you are going to buy a new car, then don’t forget to include car financing cost in your total cost. There’s a difference between the sticker cost and dealer cost of a car. Here, you can save some money if you properly negotiate your car loan terms with your dealer.
If this is your first time, and you have not transported your car before then this is the right place. This guide will help you with the successful transportation or shipment of your car from one state to another. Your car is valuable and is dear to you because you earned it with hard work and you don't want to spend money on companies that make fool out of someone.