Advantages and Disadvantages of Custom Made Furniture
Appropriately designed furniture can bring the requisite amount of style as well as functionality to any space, making it a habitable one. This is probably the reason why furniture has been accorded so much importance in interior design and decoration. A variety of bold and exquisite designs of simple as well as luxury furniture articles for installation in commercial as well as residential spaces are being showcased by reputed furniture manufacturers to give potential clients extensive choices. For those who are looking for something exclusive and on a particular scale, there is always the option of custom made furniture.
Buying custom made furniture comes with its own fair share of pros and cons. Let us simply it for you by breaking them down into separate segments.
- Custom made furniture is usually preferred for its ability to adapt to the specific requirements of the client in terms of size, dimension and design. Clients have the option of choosing every single element including the materials used in the construction, type of fabric, colours and even the type of stitching. Even functional aspects like the number of doors, drawers, fittings, etc. can be determined to suit the client.
- The biggest advantage of custom made furniture though has to do with the exclusivity that it provides to the space it has been installed in. The look and feel of bespoke furniture reflects the individual style sensibilities of the owner and gives their space a personal touch.
- The costs involved in the purchase of custom made furniture are also flexible depending on individual buyers. Leading furniture manufacturers are accustomed to designing specialised furniture for clients well within their budget yet bring the perfect levels of functionality and style sought.
- With custom made furniture, one can also be assured of getting full value for the money that has been invested in it. There is a greater focus on quality in a one-off piece of furniture and makers put in greater effort in its making, showcasing superior craftsmanship.
- Custom made furniture also allows people to recreate designer and high furniture on a lower price scale. Also for people who cannot find the exact style of furniture that they would like to purchase in readymade options, they can have a furniture manufacturer build them furniture articles to their exact specifications.
- Given the considerable financial investment involved in custom made furniture, it is not easy for owners to change them as often as they like. Unlike premade furniture which can easily be discarded in order to change the look of the house, if you own custom made furniture, you’ll find yourself stuck with the same look for a long time.
- The process of manufacture of custom made furniture is extremely time consuming, so for those looking to set up their offices or homes in a hurry, buying custom made furniture may sound as an unattractive option and they are more inclined to buy premade furniture.
- Custom made furniture can sometimes end up being quite costly if the buyers do not pay adequate attention during the manufacturing stage. In the search for exclusive and unique materials, customers may end up incurring high costs.
- Sometimes with custom made furniture, the finished product may not be adequately matched to the requirements of the client. Mostly because there is no original product to base the furniture on, the clients end up making do with the piece that the maker has delivered to them.
- For buyers exploring the option of custom made bespoke furniture for their personal space, these abovementioned points can help make them crucial decisions. Whatever you choose, make sure that the furniture you invest in brings you a balanced semblance of functionality as well as aesthetic appeal along with standards of quality to get full value for your money.
Wall tapestries are the older brother of the bedroom poster and are so simplistically elegant you can do almost anything with them to spruce up your home. After all, tapestry has been a part of art décor culture for near two thousand years.
Electric fireplaces are often seen in commercials and magazines. They can look appealing and they can give any home a certain charm. But those who have never had an electric fireplace may be thinking twice before making the purchase and taking the steps to install it in their homes.
Curtains play a key role, both practically and stylistically. They’re an effective means of controlling light in the home, as well as helping you maintain its privacy. However, they can also help add a little warmth, style, and help you break the monotony in your décor.
The advance in has created a significant trend in the tile sector especially the sizes. Large size ceramic slabs have gotten remarkable new dimensions to cover full rooms. With a small number of pieces, you will create a moving visual and functioning potentials.
The term industrial chic might have gained popularity now but was actually coined several years ago. The unique blend of exposed steel and rustic wood has the potential to achieve an aesthetic balance like never before.
One of the main problems that people now are facing is that they sit too much. We spend most of our day sitting and doing our work and completely forgetting how bad it is for our health. Sitting a lot every day can cause severe diseases like diabetes, heart problems, and others.
Are you planning to host a get together this festive season? Or last minute weekend guests making you sweat? If that is the case, fret not. It might sound a nerve wrecking and daunting task for you to host a large number of people at the last minute.
Getting bored of living in the same space is common but not common are the ways to redo them, especially the suspended ceilings. The blog offers 6 ideas for just that. Which one would you pick?
The interior designers have the vision to give the limited space in our homes, a ‘wow’ factor and have the technical expertise to put their vision into reality, without compromising on the functionality of the house. In spite of all the expertise, the interior designers bring to the table, we should not leave the renovation of our house totally in their hands. Our home is an extension of our personality and our home should reflect that.