5 Creative Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
You don’t have to feel bad if you have a small space to live in. It is most certainly not the end of the world, and in fact holds many benefits over a too large space. For example, you will spend far less on maintenance and keeping the place clean than someone with a huge home.
Besides, there are some smart tricks that you can follow in order to make the place feel more spacious. Defect can be easily turned into effect. Always remember that what you do with the space you have is what matters most, not how much said space actually is. Comfort in your small place can be easily achieved by following some of these tips:
- Mirrors - adding a mirror at key location in a small room is a trick that many people use. There is nothing else that can provide the illusion of depth than a full-length mirror in a small room. As an added bonus, mirrors reflect light, which is very beneficial, regardless if said light is of artificial or natural origin. Round or square it doesn't matter, the omportant is to be placed at the right place. The bigger the mirror-the bigger the space.
- Get multi-purpose furniture - in case you have never considered the beauty of multi-purpose furniture, you must definitely fix this as soon as possible. A simple example - you can have a sofa with a fold-up bed or drawers underneath. There are a lot of options designed specifically for small rooms, which can perfectly fit your room. Hire a clearance service for your outdated bulky furniture and discover the beauty of modern practical design.
- Consider clearance - clutter can make even spacious rooms feel small. For this reason it’s important to remember to keep only things you actually need and use in your everyday activities. Reduce the number of items that just clutter the place and replace them with smart multifunctional pieces, which you can effectively use to overcome the problem of limited space. Be thorough in your clearance efforts and you will find that even small places have big potential.
- Go with the right color - choosing a darker theme for a small place will introduce a problem - it will feel even more confined and small. Dark colors absorb the light and make a small place even more closed. To avoid this effect, always go with light colors. They create an illusion of space and make it feel like the room is actually bigger. Choose light hues for better light reflection and an open, airy feeling. If you are not a white color fan, try with some soft versions of: light peach, caramel, light grey. The end result will be quite pleasing.
- Allow more light in the room - natural light coming from the outside has the potential to open up a small place. Any obstruction to light coming in from the windows should be removed and taken care of. See to some clearance and ditch heavy draperies, as they prevent good lighting. Choose light curtains instead, as they allow for a visible connection between the room and the outdoors. Always pull back curtains to take advantage of good weather. This will also visually open more space in the room.
Having a small room to work with can be challenging but it is certainly not anything to worry about. Try out these solutions and see just how effective they can prove and how easy could be to improve your home. You will be amazed how sometimes a little handy trick can change the entire atmosphere in the room.
If you're planning your dream garden, choosing the right paving can do wonders. Think of it this way ‒ you're going to live in your home for a long time and having a well-designed garden can turn a dull, outdoor space into the most relaxing place in the house.
There was a time when people used to have only limited wall decoration ideas and there was nothing much that they could do in order to make their room walls look attractive. But things have changed now and it is completely the opposite as you now have hundreds of ideas of how you can decorate the walls of your room.
We start our day with morning ablutions and therefore, in effect, we start our day in the bathroom. The prerequisites of a decent restroom are space, lights, ventilation, storage space, and functionality. These aspects need to be applied to all the components of a bathroom, which are the overall room, basin area, toilet area and the bath area. Further, the bathroom should be accessorized well.
Heating systems in older homes might be overdue for an upgrade. Heating systems have a set lifespan that will tell you when it is time for you to invest in a new one. If your heating system is over 15 years old, it's probably time to say goodbye.
One of the most important steps of any flooring project is making sure the subfloor foundation is level. Below are thirteen steps on how to prepare the subfloor for tile.
Tempered glass is more commonly used in the commercial buildings and places where there is a need for a quality high safety glass product. It is a different option than the standard glass option; most people are already familiar with the standard glass option, but they might wonder what tempered glass is all about and why should they prefer it for their building windows?
Showers - they wake us up in the mornings and calm us down after a day of hard work. In modern times, the shower has become the focal in our baths. However, besides having a great shower head and beautifully tiled walls, there’s one more component that’s needed to make the perfect shower - shower doors.
The reports suggest that more than 80 percent of moves are made in between the months of May and September. With the sun shining bright and kids going back to school, you get enough of time to plan the move and make necessary arrangements.
A clean home, with every nook and cranny sparkling clean is a dream come true for anyone and to realise that dream we try all the possible strategies that we are suggested and adopt every hack that we come across, but alas are dreams remain uncharted and unrealised because how much ever we may try we fail to reach the point of Super clean homes!