5 Creative Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
You don’t have to feel bad if you have a small space to live in. It is most certainly not the end of the world, and in fact, holds many benefits over a too large space. For example, you will spend far less on maintenance and keeping the place clean than someone with a huge home.
Besides, there are some smart tricks that you can follow in order to make the place feel more spacious. A defect can be easily turned into effect. Always remember that what you do with the space you have is what matters most, not how much said space actually is. Comfort in your small place can be easily achieved by following some of these tips:
- Mirrors - adding a mirror at a key location in a small room is a trick that many people use. There is nothing else that can provide the illusion of depth than a full-length mirror in a small room. As an added bonus, mirrors reflect light, which is very beneficial, regardless if said light is of artificial or natural origin. Round or square it doesn't matter, the important is to be placed at the right place. The bigger the mirror-the bigger the space.
- Get multi-purpose furniture - in case you have never considered the beauty of multi-purpose furniture, you must definitely fix this as soon as possible. A simple example - you can have a sofa with a fold-up bed or drawers underneath. There are a lot of options designed specifically for small rooms, which can perfectly fit your room. Hire a clearance service for your outdated bulky furniture and discover the beauty of modern practical design.
- Consider clearance - clutter can make even spacious rooms feel small. For this reason it’s important to remember to keep only things you actually need and use in your everyday activities. Reduce the number of items that just clutter the place and replace them with smart multifunctional pieces, which you can effectively use to overcome the problem of limited space. Be thorough in your clearance efforts and you will find that even small places have big potential.
- Go with the right color - choosing a darker theme for a small place will introduce a problem - it will feel even more confined and small. Dark colors absorb the light and make a small place even more closed. To avoid this effect, always go with light colors. They create an illusion of space and make it feel like the room is actually bigger. Choose light hues for better light reflection and an open, airy feeling. If you are not a white color fan, try with some soft versions of: light peach, caramel, light grey. The end result will be quite pleasing.
- Allow more light in the room - natural light coming from the outside has the potential to open up a small place. Any obstruction to light coming in from the windows should be removed and taken care of. See to some clearance and ditch heavy draperies, as they prevent good lighting. Choose light curtains instead, as they allow for a visible connection between the room and the outdoors. Always pull back curtains to take advantage of good weather. This will also visually open more space in the room.
Having a small room to work with can be challenging but it is certainly not anything to worry about. Try out these solutions and see just how effective they can prove and how easy could be to improve your home. You will be amazed how sometimes a little handy trick can change the entire atmosphere in the room.
There are few things in life as charming as sitting in front of a fireplace on a chilly day. Read the latest novel or sip your favourite drink or a cup of tea and life is total bliss. Fireplaces are one of the must-have at any homes. They add to the décor and at the same time keep your room warm and comfortable inside when it is chilly outdoors.
When it comes to cladding for exterior walls of the home, people often think about the conventional options that have been there for generations. Even though these happen to be great, still a modern variant that should not be overlooked is metal cladding.
In every building construction, scaffolding is very important in creating a safe environment. It is used in different purpose that is very helpful in every construction project. The scaffolds help to lift the materials needed in the construction. Scaffolding holds seriously heavy loads so that it needs to be stable and strong to ensure the safeness of the mason and materials.
Winter is more than just cold weather season, it can also be home flooding season. As a result of burst pipes due to freezing weather, many people end up with flooding in their homes during the winter months. This can cause more problems than just the pipe burst.
Spring is considered the best season to do house cleaning. Since the weather becomes warmer, this gives the carpet a good chance to completely dry after cleaning.
When it comes to updating your shower or adding a new one, there will be many important decisions to make, and the shower doors are one of the big ones. You might assume that your choice will be as transparent as - glass - but it’s a bit more complicated than that.
Bookshelves are considered one of the most basic necessities for every house. They are quite handy for a book lover who wants to store his books in a nice and organized manner. Though the variety of modern bookracks design is available today in the market, one might get a little bit confused while opting for the best one for his home’s mini library.
Furniture is the soul of the house, which makes a house “home”. And the soul of the home is the couch where one likes to sit, or pass his time alone, or with his family. And the upholstery is the part where trend enters our lives and makes it more comfy and charming.
Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to spend a lot of money to give your old kitchen a new look. Remodeling smartly can give you almost all the benefits of a complete remodel, minus the big fat modular kitchen price tag of course. Whether you've lived in your home for years or you just moved in, kitchen renovations can be a lot of fun, especially if you’re trying to save some money by doing everything yourself.