5 Creative Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
You don’t have to feel bad if you have a small space to live in. It is most certainly not the end of the world, and in fact holds many benefits over a too large space. For example, you will spend far less on maintenance and keeping the place clean than someone with a huge home.
Besides, there are some smart tricks that you can follow in order to make the place feel more spacious. Defect can be easily turned into effect. Always remember that what you do with the space you have is what matters most, not how much said space actually is. Comfort in your small place can be easily achieved by following some of these tips:
- Mirrors - adding a mirror at key location in a small room is a trick that many people use. There is nothing else that can provide the illusion of depth than a full-length mirror in a small room. As an added bonus, mirrors reflect light, which is very beneficial, regardless if said light is of artificial or natural origin. Round or square it doesn't matter, the omportant is to be placed at the right place. The bigger the mirror-the bigger the space.
- Get multi-purpose furniture - in case you have never considered the beauty of multi-purpose furniture, you must definitely fix this as soon as possible. A simple example - you can have a sofa with a fold-up bed or drawers underneath. There are a lot of options designed specifically for small rooms, which can perfectly fit your room. Hire a clearance service for your outdated bulky furniture and discover the beauty of modern practical design.
- Consider clearance - clutter can make even spacious rooms feel small. For this reason it’s important to remember to keep only things you actually need and use in your everyday activities. Reduce the number of items that just clutter the place and replace them with smart multifunctional pieces, which you can effectively use to overcome the problem of limited space. Be thorough in your clearance efforts and you will find that even small places have big potential.
- Go with the right color - choosing a darker theme for a small place will introduce a problem - it will feel even more confined and small. Dark colors absorb the light and make a small place even more closed. To avoid this effect, always go with light colors. They create an illusion of space and make it feel like the room is actually bigger. Choose light hues for better light reflection and an open, airy feeling. If you are not a white color fan, try with some soft versions of: light peach, caramel, light grey. The end result will be quite pleasing.
- Allow more light in the room - natural light coming from the outside has the potential to open up a small place. Any obstruction to light coming in from the windows should be removed and taken care of. See to some clearance and ditch heavy draperies, as they prevent good lighting. Choose light curtains instead, as they allow for a visible connection between the room and the outdoors. Always pull back curtains to take advantage of good weather. This will also visually open more space in the room.
Having a small room to work with can be challenging but it is certainly not anything to worry about. Try out these solutions and see just how effective they can prove and how easy could be to improve your home. You will be amazed how sometimes a little handy trick can change the entire atmosphere in the room.
Sunny days are finally here and everybody would rather spend their free time outside.
Are you looking forward to designing or redesigning your house? If yes, then you can consider using doors as the major attraction for your house. The selection of perfect doors for your place is a daunting task because the choice of people has transformed a lot from early times.
If you are about to build a new house, keep in mind that the housetop is one of the most important elements. It is necessary to draw enough attention to selecting specialists who will deal with its arrangement. However, you will need a good roofing team for any type of roofing work 50% of the success depends on the proper roofing contractor chosen.
We all thrive to live in a neat and organized house – but decluttering a whole house seems to terrify all of us. Where do we even start? Some have solved this problem, by simply having fewer possessions – less to clean and organize means less stress.
While it's recommendable to have your carpets professionally cleaned once in a while, it's not always the most cost-efficient method to keep your carpets clean. Here are 3 recipes for home-made cleaning solutions to deal with carpet stains on your own.
It’s easy to envision all the decorative possibilities for your basement, especially if it is a relatively bare space that isn’t utilized for much more than overflow item storage. Whether you see a spare bathroom or a fully furnished sports cave for your basement,
If your garage is less a shelter for your car and more a place for storing hardware, light machinery and other stuff in, then it might be time to invest in some garage shelving. Since the invention of the automobile, the garage has become an essential part of the home
Many people use their garage to store anything that they can’t or would rather not have in their living space. With valuable space at a premium, people are often forced to keep their lawn mower, gardening implements, tools, sports materials, bicycles and seasonal items in their garage.