5 Creative Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
You don’t have to feel bad if you have a small space to live in. It is most certainly not the end of the world, and in fact, holds many benefits over a too large space. For example, you will spend far less on maintenance and keeping the place clean than someone with a huge home.
Besides, there are some smart tricks that you can follow in order to make the place feel more spacious. A defect can be easily turned into effect. Always remember that what you do with the space you have is what matters most, not how much said space actually is. Comfort in your small place can be easily achieved by following some of these tips:
- Mirrors - adding a mirror at a key location in a small room is a trick that many people use. There is nothing else that can provide the illusion of depth than a full-length mirror in a small room. As an added bonus, mirrors reflect light, which is very beneficial, regardless if said light is of artificial or natural origin. Round or square it doesn't matter, the important is to be placed at the right place. The bigger the mirror-the bigger the space.
- Get multi-purpose furniture - in case you have never considered the beauty of multi-purpose furniture, you must definitely fix this as soon as possible. A simple example - you can have a sofa with a fold-up bed or drawers underneath. There are a lot of options designed specifically for small rooms, which can perfectly fit your room. Hire a clearance service for your outdated bulky furniture and discover the beauty of modern practical design.
- Consider clearance - clutter can make even spacious rooms feel small. For this reason it’s important to remember to keep only things you actually need and use in your everyday activities. Reduce the number of items that just clutter the place and replace them with smart multifunctional pieces, which you can effectively use to overcome the problem of limited space. Be thorough in your clearance efforts and you will find that even small places have big potential.
- Go with the right color - choosing a darker theme for a small place will introduce a problem - it will feel even more confined and small. Dark colors absorb the light and make a small place even more closed. To avoid this effect, always go with light colors. They create an illusion of space and make it feel like the room is actually bigger. Choose light hues for better light reflection and an open, airy feeling. If you are not a white color fan, try with some soft versions of: light peach, caramel, light grey. The end result will be quite pleasing.
- Allow more light in the room - natural light coming from the outside has the potential to open up a small place. Any obstruction to light coming in from the windows should be removed and taken care of. See to some clearance and ditch heavy draperies, as they prevent good lighting. Choose light curtains instead, as they allow for a visible connection between the room and the outdoors. Always pull back curtains to take advantage of good weather. This will also visually open more space in the room.
Having a small room to work with can be challenging but it is certainly not anything to worry about. Try out these solutions and see just how effective they can prove and how easy could be to improve your home. You will be amazed how sometimes a little handy trick can change the entire atmosphere in the room.
Having the right knife set is immensely important in any kitchen, whether it is in a home or professional kitchen setup. After all, having the right tools and equipment and knowing how to use them effectively can make all the difference when mastering the intricacies that go into making a dish spectacular.
The living room is considered as the most public place in your home and that’s why you should pay the most of the attention on its styling. As the summer is here, you must be looking for some things that will make it summer-ready and fulfil all your needs.
The living room is known as the family room and it deserves to look the best. It should be uncluttered and beautiful. And the only way to do so is by adding the décor and furniture to it. This helps in adding life to a normal living room. In case, you have a small living room, this task becomes even more difficult as you have to choose each and even element while focusing on what you actually want and what not
Roller blinds can be defined as window blinds produced using a thickened stuff connected to a timber or aluminum roller. Roller blinds are exactly what they sound like – blinds that unroll to cover your window. They can be spring-stacked, adjusted with a chain system or mechanized.
Erosion isn’t just a problem for other people. Something that we don’t need to worry about. The facts are that erosion can cause damage to our own homes as well. Damage that, if chronic enough, can actually put our homes and lives in danger.
Festoon lights. Not only for weddings and Christmas. There are so many things that you can do with festoon lights. And, you will see that it will not look tacky and stupid to use festoon lighting in your home.
If you think that you can only use outdoor decorative lights over Christmas, then you need to think again. There are so many things that you can use these lights for. Especially, if you have a garden and want to make it look special and romantic.
These days, many people are choosing to decorate their backyard using LED lights, such as fairy lights, for safety reasons. Others are making use of the lights merely for their decorative value. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter what the reason, there is some information that you need to know in order for you to get the best results by making use of LED lighting.