Top 12 Ethereum Wallets in 2018
Ethereum is an open-source blockchain platform.
Ethereum wallet is a gateway to decentralized apps on the Ethereum blockchain network. It allows you to secure Ether built on Ethereum.
The key features of Ethereum wallets are:-
Private keys- Another way to access your Ethereum wallet without having your password.
Easy- User Interface should be easy to use.
Development community- It should be active
Security & Backup- It should back up and secure the wallet
Compatible- It should be compatible with some operating systems
The top Ethereum Wallets available are:
Ledger Nano S (Hardware Wallet)- The most inexpensive Ethereum hardware wallet is Ledger Nano S. It costs approximately $65. Ledger stores a private key on the device. Ledger Nano S comes with a small OLED screen that can control the transactions. The security of Nano S is so strong that you can use on a hacked computer. The key features are:
It is privacy protected
It works as an anti-virus
It can support a number of currencies in a single device
It is secured with a pin
Controls your private keys
2. Trezor (Hardware Wallet)- It was the first hardware wallet invented for Bitcoin. Trezor can now be used for Ethereum also. Trezor costs $99 and comes in three colors white, gray and black. It is a light and portable device. Ether is stored offline on an electronic chip that is secured and can be activated when you log in with a password. The features of Trezor are:
It is secured with a pin
It is mobile and light in weight
It is easy to backup and restore funds
3. Exodus (Desktop Wallet)- The first multi-cryptocurrency desktop wallet is Exodus. Exodus wallet shows a pie chart of the entire portfolio of coins. Exodus is free to use. It is the first desktop wallet for exchanging cryptocurrencies and can support seven cryptocurrencies. For using Exodus, the internet is a must. The uses of Exodus are:
It is easy to use
It gives you access to private keys
It can be used to exchange any cryptocurrency
It has a support team
You can track your funds at single place.
4. Jaxx (Mobile Wallet)- Canada based company, created a multi-asset, named as Jaxx. It has robust security features and supports 13 cryptocurrencies. You should not save private keys on the device, and the elements like seed keys restore your funds. The development community looks at the maintenance and innovation of the product. Jaxx is launching a hardware wallet in the upcoming days. It is available for Windows, IOS, Android, Linux, OS.
5. Mist (Desktop Wallet)- The official Ethereum wallet is Mist. While installing Mist, it takes some time to get started as it syncs with Ethereum nodes. After the sync completes, you need to set a password. If you forget your password, you will not be able to access Mist. Remember the password and write it down in a safe place. The process of Mist is pretty typical. To perform transactions in the wallet, you get access to public and private keys. Do not worry about your security as the device has your private keys. Mist has Shape Shift built in to exchange other currencies.
6. MetaMask (Desktop Wallet)- MetaMask not only stores and sends Ethereum but also gives access to decentralized Ethereum apps. It is like a browser which provides access to Ethereum network. MetaMask has an intuitive design in which you can switch between test network and Ethereum network. The private keys are password encrypted which is stored in your wallet; you can export it anytime. The features of MetaMask are:
You can make your tokens
Access to your private keys
It is easy to use
Multi Ethereum wallet at one place
7. MyEtherWallet (Web Wallet)- Unlike other web wallets, MyEtherWallet is different from the traditional wallet. This web wallet controls Ethereum’s private key on the machine. It has no third-party servers and an open-source wallet. Here you can write and get smart contacts. It has an inbuilt swap facility from BTC to ETH. You can also connect Ledger Nano S or Trezor to access your MyEther funds. The key features are:
It supports offline transactions
It is easy to use
It is compatible with many hardware wallets
It does not store the password of your wallet
8. CoinBase (Web Wallet)- The popular Bitcoin web wallet is Coinbase. This year, they have added Ethereum support. It is a fast and cheap way of storing Ethereum. You need to check if they are available in your country.
Follow these steps to use coinbase:
Register at coinbase
Get a public address
Transfer your Ether to coinbase public address
Store Ether on coinbase
The private keys of coinbase are not in your control as they are stored with hosted servers.Coinbase should be used to store Ether for a short term. But if you want for a long time then use hardware wallet or Paper wallet like Nano S.
9. ETHAdress (Paper Wallet)- Paper wallets have both private and public keys printed on the paper. You can also encrypt the private keys. ETHAdress is the cheap form of cold storage.
10. KeepKey (Hardware Wallet)- The expensive Ethereum hardware wallet that is available is KeepKey. You can get it for $120. Your ETH is kept in a secure offline environment and has the same features as Trezor and Ledger Nano S. KeepKey is a bit heavy and massive than the two of them. Because of the heaviness, it is not mobile. The plastic body can be damaged.
11. Ledger Blue (Hardware Wallet)- This is the hardware wallet and the best of external wallets. The media outlets have described Ledger Blue to be the most secure crypto storage in the market. It is quite expensive; you need to pay $300-$350 to buy Ledger Blue. It has a dual chip architecture and is designed to be malware-proof.
12. Coinomi (Mobile Wallet)- Coinomi can be used on Android. Coinomi supports many cryptocurrencies that are existing in the market. It includes Ethereum also. The key features are:
The transaction fee is low
It is private and anonymous
It provides the exchange within the app
It supports number of cryptocurrencies in a single place
It can restore funds and is simple to backup
It is a secured app
Ethereum came on the market three years ago. That is why there are limited options for Ethereum wallet.
Above mentioned is the list of Ethereum wallets available on the market. This article will help you know the right place to store Ether tokens. All the wallets are safe and secure. You can use any of them according to your convenience. Let us know if you have any queries.
Here we are going to learn how to talk to your clients in a language they can understand easily.
I am using SQL Server 2012 for managing, storing and retrieving data. Recently, I got a project having hundreds of tables, stored procedures, functions, etc. It is really a complex task for me to migrate them manually to Azure. Does any know the simple solution for the SQL Server 2012 migration to Azure? Please suggest If any!
Cybersecurity is an essential problem that every person or organization have to tackle in this modern age of technology and the internet. We always have a fear that our data might get leaked and can be misused by any third party. Cybersecurity is a significant concern and a more prominent threat which has been faced by many companies and individuals daily
Following up with your customers is one of the most important aspects that brings sales, and so it is necessary that you must take advantage of the customer list that your organization has worked hard to built and collected in its CRM database through the years.
Question Pro is an online survey system that provides businesses to build surveys and share them with the target audience. Users get access to built-in survey templates which they can employ for their surveys.
Before you start on a new development project ask yourself do you have a business plan that outlines your business goals. If the answer is a no, then the project is simply a waste of time and money.
A powerful Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution assists organizations in identifying, acquiring, and managing of existing as well as prospective customers in an efficient way. By empowering organizations to apply smart technology to streamline various business processes, CRM assists in maximizing productivity and achieving extraordinary success.
The architectural landscape has been witnessing steady evolution in the past few years. Styling, usage of materials, textural addition, and coloring elements are being upgraded. Designing and visualization of architectural projects too have evolved keeping pace with various trends
Managing an office is not an easy task! The administrative staff has multiple to do tasks for the efficient running of the offices/organisations. The staff seems to be always in charge of loads of work. They are also responsible for some of the tasks outside the administration.