Keeping Your Eyes Healthy: Wear Sunglasses
Why is wearing sunglasses such a crucial part of keeping your eyes healthy? We tend to forget that our skin is not the only part of our body that requires protection from the harmful rays emitted by the sun - our eyes need protection too and that’s why visiting a reputed vendor at a physical store or buying sunglasses online is crucial for maintaining good eye health! Here’s a deeper look at UV rays, their harmful effects on your eyes and how wearing sunglasses can protect your eyes from these dangerous rays!
What are UV Rays?
Ultraviolet rays (UV Rays) are harmful rays emitted by the sun that can cause numerous skin health problems like skin cancer and eye health problems too! While UV damage is commonly known to cause sunburn, premature aging, eye damage, and other skin-related issues, these dangerous rays can also wreak havoc on your eyes and the sensitive skin around your eyes. If you live in a tropical country especially, protecting your eyes is crucial so it is important that you browse and purchase women’s sunglasses and men’s sunglasses online.
How can UV Rays damage your eyes?
There are two forms of UV rays that are emitted from the sun:
- UV-A - these rays can hurt your central vision significantly as they damage the macula which is a part of the retina that is located in the back of your eye and crucial for clear vision.
- UV-B - the cornea and lens located at the front of your eye absorb the majority of the UV-B rays, but not surprisingly these dangerous rays can cause even more damage to your vision than the UV-A rays!
What are some eye health problems caused by UV Rays?
If this doesn’t convince you to get busy browsing and buying sunglasses online, there’s not much else that will! There are many eye conditions that can arise from your eyes not been protected from the harmful UV Rays and here’s a look at just a few of them:
- Cataract - it’s believed that cataracts develop as we age, but excessive exposure to the sun especially for those that live close to the equator such as, results in cataracts developing faster. Buy the best quality women’s sunglasses or men’s sunglasses online to slow down the formation of cataracts.
- Macular degeneration - this refers to the damage of a specific area of retinal tissue called the macula which is responsible for central vision and results in blurred, foggy vision. This usually takes some time to happen, however constant exposure to the sun’s harmful rays without any form of eye protection will certainly speed up the process. While there are some treatments available depending on how serious it is, there is no cure for macular degeneration so prevention is definitely the best route to take!
- Pinguecula - usually very noticeable, this eye condition results in yellow/white raised area arising on the conjunctiva - which is the white part of your eye. Once it appears it doesn’t usually go away, but if it does become red or swollen it can be treated with eye drops to reduce the swelling.
Tips for buying men's sunglasses online / women's sunglasses online
Stop taking your vision for granted - especially when you live in a tropical country where you are more likely than not to have constant exposure to the harmful rays! Purchase your sunglasses online from a reputable vendor so that you are certain that you are purchasing genuine branded sunglasses and not imitations. Imitation sunglasses can do more damage than good as the dark tint causes your pupils to dilate and allows in more harmful rays - resulting in more eye damage.
Sunglasses are a summer favorite as they offer protection from the sun while also complementing summer outfits and styles. For casual looks for outings to the beach to formal wear for a friend’s beach wedding, you are bound to find sunglasses online that elevate your outfit.
Sunglasses are not just about protecting your eyes from the blazing heat of the summer’s sun, it is a style statement. ‘Sunnies’ or ‘Shades’ as some may call it, are the most underrated fashion accessory that has the potential to give a completely different outlook to your overall look.
The holiday season is upon us, and most of us are busy getting ready for our next big adventure where the fun begins with packing and a cool pair of sunglasses is a must. Yes, sunglasses have become a fashion statement. We buy sunglasses based on how they can amplify our overall look
Shopping for sunglasses online, but want to make sure you pick the perfect pair to suit your lifestyle requirements, as well as your skin color? Irrespective of whether you’re buying men’s sunglasses online or women’s sunglasses, there are a couple of things to think about as you’re not able to try to them on in the same manner that you would if you were at a physical store.
When it comes to contact lenses, there are many recommendations that opticians will give you to ensure that all risks of eye infection, etc. are completely minimized. While the use of contact lenses is still a little less than spectacles, they have definitely grown in popularity as the freedom they offer those with visual impairments is so much more than traditional glasses
There is no doubt that sunglasses are viewed as a fashion accessory in today’s world. Many own multiple pairs of sunglasses to suit a range of outfits, catering to classy and elegant looks, vintage vibes, or summertime outfits. With a range of styles to choose from, people are often unable to decide on a pair when buying women’s sunglasses online.
While sunglasses have a functional purpose of keeping your eyes well protected from the harmful rays of the sun, they’re also great accessories to upgrade your look and complement any outfit you’ve got on! There are a plethora of different designs to choose from when you’re buying sunglasses online in the shop, but what are the sunglass trends for summer 2020?
Did you know that glaucoma is caused by high eye pressure and if it is not treated it can lead to blindness? Glaucoma is a lot more common than we would like to believe and that’s why a comprehensive eye exam by anyone of the leading opticians should be done regularly to ensure your eyes are in good health and not at risk of glaucoma or any other eye disease.
Are you thinking of buying a pair of sunglasses online in trends? Our eternally sunny weather calls for a pair of high-quality sunglasses. Here are a few things to consider when looking to buy sunglasses online in trends.