Foolproof Window Blind Cord Safety Tips for Your Home
Just purchased blinds and shutters, but wondering how to ensure your blind cords are completely safe and not a danger to your children? Blind cords can be a very serious risk to both babies and young children, as well as the elderly as these looped cords or chains can either result in accidental strangulation or serious injuries caused by falls. What steps should you take to ensure your children and elderly loved ones are safe from losing their life in just a few seconds from this often forgotten risk? Keep reading to find out some important ways to minimize the potential risk of the shutter and blind cords, irrespective of whether you have PVC plantation shutters, straight drop awnings or any other style of blinds and shutters that have cords!
- One of the most important, but often forgotten steps is to make sure you do not place cribs, beds, toy boxes, reading chairs or any similar items in close proximity of your blinds and shutters as this will give babies and young children easy access to the cords and strings attached to your blinds and shutters. These cords from any of the blinds and shutters could easily end up tangled around a baby or young child’s neck when they’re sleeping causing them to be choked when they’re asleep or playing!
- Young children love to climb furniture, so even in areas outside of the bedroom, all blinds and shutters such as the popular straight drop awnings should have no sofas, tables or any other furniture close to it. When children climb up and have access to the cords, they can easily become entangled in them, lose their footing and then either suffer strangulation or a serious injury!
- When purchasing your blinds and shutters make sure to ask the manufacturers for more information on the design features and safety - for instance some blinds and shutters come with cord guides so that there’s a clear understanding of whether loops are necessary or are cleats provided to secure the cords to the wall or ground in order to avoid them causing elderly people to trip and possibly result in a serious injury. Some blinds and shutters will come with clear instructions on the loops on the cords that can be cut and tassels attached instead to reduce the risk of strangulation and tripping that could cause serious injuries.
- Once you have purchased your blinds and shutters and gone through the safety information provided, remember that most often it is recommended that if you’re using a cleat to secure the cord it should be done so at least 1600mm above floor level as a young child can easily unwind a cord from the cleat without much difficulty. Another thing to remember when using cleats to secure cords on your blinds and shutters is to ensure the cleat has been secured firmly so that it, as well as the cord, can take a certain amount of pressure instead of detaching easily when pulled. Also, if you’re opting to install cord guides it should be done so that a loose cord cannot form a loop of 220m or longer at a height of up to 1600mm above the floor level which can be extremely dangerous for young children!
- Lastly, make sure babies and young children are never left in close proximity to the blinds and shutters to minimize risk - make sure there is always a clear line of sight to avoid any accidents.
The above-mentioned points are some of the most important safety tips to keep in mind when it comes to protecting your loved ones from the potential risks associated with the cords attached to blinds and shutters and models all over the world - so make sure to keep them in mind!
Everyone loves to make their home look beautiful. But while customizing the home according to the personal choice, most of the people face the budget issues. They don’t able to do what they actually want to do with their home and drop the idea of decorating. If you also face this problem while decorating your home, especially bedroom, we have come out with some pocket-friendly bedroom décor that will help you to personalize it and get a lot of good compliments. Have a Look!
Shopping for blinds and shutters, but overwhelmed by the different types of window furnishings available to the sheer plethora of choices when it comes to fabrics, colors, and features? You’re not alone. Keep reading to learn more about the three most popular types of blinds and shutters
People may call you Hippie, but your style is unique. It is full of life and colours. Yes! We are talking about the Bohemian Style. It is all about vintage, artistic lifestyle and textiles that reflect the 1800s era. And you can bring that style to your home interior also.
Shopping for plantation shutters? You’re not alone - the demand for these highly versatile and durable shutters is extremely high, making PVC plantation shutters one of the most popular types of blinds and shutters.
If you like sitting by your window and enjoying the view outside, watching the summer colors, fun and frolic outside, or being dreamy during cold yet serene winters. Control your privacy, the light, or both.
The bedroom is the most important room in your home as it allows you to sleep well and relax your body. Even if you had a stressful day, your bedroom will always help you to calm down. But when it comes to spruce up the bedroom, you look for the best ways to do so
Choosing the right time to upgrade your home is always in your hands. But if you are doing it with the beginning of a new year, then it will give better results. It will be a chance for you to refresh the heart of your home and make it look special. However, the best way to make your home look trendy is by following the latest trends.