5 Main Areas to Clean Before Vacating
Sustaining the same amicable relationship with the landlord during vacating the house can become tougher especially when the tenant-landlord relationship bond entails the serious topic like 100% bond back. Property owners look at the current state of their property and imaginary compare it with the condition which was accounted during the possession. Based on that, landlords decide their verdict on the bond money. As per a statistic, 50% of tenants in Australia don’t get their entire bond back and many are liable to forfeit a large portion of it. The main reason is the paucity of the property maintenance and its cleaning during the inhabitancy. Hence, if you intend for 100% bond back then you need to conduct a professional cleaning and repairing of the house before vacating it. Hiring a professional cleaning team responsible for providing expert end of lease cleaning services is the best option as these well-versed cleaners take minimal time to deliver the most commendable cleaning work. Spending a little on the professional end of lease cleaning services to receive 100% bond back is certainly a remunerative option. This post is to elucidate five main areas of a house to clean and repair to attain 100% bond money if you are not willing to hire any professional end of lease cleaning service.
Bedrooms cannot remain untouched and get filthy often as this is the area where you had spent leisure time with your loved ones in relaxing and defiling the room without bothering much.
Below is the checklist to clean the bedrooms:
- Vacuum, sweep and/or mop floors and walls.
- Clean ceilings, ceiling fans and remove cobwebs.
- Clean all Windows, Venetian blinds, doors, screens, tracks, and sills.
- Clean light switches, power points, and skirting boards.
- Clean wardrobe walls, shelves, and doors.
Expert’s Tip – Clean small area at a time. Start cleaning the other side once the previous one is completely dry. Use the ceiling fan to accomplish the job early.
Bathrooms in the house have helped you daily to become an immaculate human being. It's time to payback and the reparation requires deep cleaning. The grime gets deposited intensely in bathrooms, which makes the area breeding ground for millions of lethal bacteria.
Below is the checklist to clean the bathrooms:
- Do cleaning, buffing and sanitising of the Toilet Seat, Bidet, Cistern, Washbasin & Tub thoroughly.
- Perform deep cleaning of cabinets, windows, showers, faucets and Exhaust Fan.
- Floor, tiles, shower tray and plughole drains require manual scrubbing and chemical cleaning to remove filthy stains.
- Glasses like mirrors, window pane and shower cubicle should be cleaned with vinegar, water, soft lint-free cloth and newspaper.
- Remove cobwebs and do a dry dusting of walls and ceiling to eliminate the detachable sludge.
Expert’s Tip – Don’t use bleach to clean the rust on the faucets and other bathroom components made up of metals. Bleach actually sets the stains. Instead, there are a lot of rust stain removers available in the market which you can use to banish the deposited rust.
Here you cooked, ate and relished memorable time with your family and friends. Cleaning the Kitchen is an arduous job as performing a deep cleaning without tempering the surfaces and the appliances require prudent labour. Moreover, Kitchen can be your landlord’s love too and to see it in a difficult state can become a substantial reason behind forfeiting your bond money.
Let’s take a look at the checklist to clean the Kitchen:
- Start your kitchen cleaning with all cabinets, liners, and Drawerline.
- Wash the front of the cabinets, Splashback, Cornices, pelmets, corbel, and Plinth.
- Clean and disinfect all countertops, cook stove, boiler and oven.
- Shine up the sink and faucet. Use Vinegar to clean steel sink and a paste of Vinegar and Baking Soda for porcelain sink.
- Scrub the refrigerator inside and out. Soak all shelves in warm water consist of dishwashing soap and clean with Baking Soda later.
- Similarly, scrub the oven, remove shelving, drip pans and burners.
- Clean out the dishwasher if you have one.
- Clean exhaust fan if needed.
- Remove all appliances and sweep behind them.
Expert’s Tip – Clean from Top to Bottom. Don’t start with the floor, then the countertop and finally the ceiling. Do the opposite of this and start cleaning from ceilings and end on the floor.
Landscaping determines whether your house feels inviting from the outside. Exterior landscaping of the house is the first thing the Landlord will notice upon arrival for inspection. It should not just look clean but must be well maintained and arranged. The exterior of a house comprises the exterior walls, the front yard, backyard, garden and pool. You may also have an additional ramp to take care of.
See below the checklist to clean and maintain your house’s exterior landscaping.
- Mow grass, weed and trim edges of plants and trees in the yards.
- Eliminate leaves and debris from the pool and sweep the floor.
- Paint the exterior walls and fences.
- Sweep entire exterior and empty and wash out bins.
- Remove any oil stains on the driveway and ramp using stain remover and a pressure washer.
- Remove cobwebs and use duct tape or plastic sheeting to cover all vents, electrical outlets and fixtures.
- Clean the gutters and check for proper drainage by clearing out any blockage.
Expert’s Tip – While doing the pressure wash, keep the tip of the nozzle moving otherwise, resting the torrent in one spot for too long could completely damage the surface.
This could be the last place to check by the landlord but the area may prove to be the decider. Cleaning the garage looks difficult until the correct method is implied. Along with cars, if your garage is cluttered with trash and unused items then the cleaning task may become a little tedious.
Adhere to the following checklist to clean the Garage:
- Clean and eliminate the trash and unused items.
- Sweep ceiling, walls, door and the floor.
- Wipe light switches, doors and doorknobs.
- Paint the door from outside and exterior walls, if they look lustreless.
Expert’s Tip – Check the functioning of the garage door operating system whether it’s manual or automatic and repair if it isn’t operating swiftly.
As the name says, wall calendars are placed or hung on walls. Many of us grew up seeing different styles of calendars at home and school. Later when we entered the office world, we have seen and used them in our offices for various purposes like day planning, task to-dos, reminders.
While it's recommendable to have your carpets professionally cleaned once in a while, it's not always the most cost-efficient method to keep your carpets clean. Here are 3 recipes for home-made cleaning solutions to deal with carpet stains on your own.
It’s easy to envision all the decorative possibilities for your basement, especially if it is a relatively bare space that isn’t utilized for much more than overflow item storage. Whether you see a spare bathroom or a fully furnished sports cave for your basement,
If your garage is less a shelter for your car and more a place for storing hardware, light machinery and other stuff in, then it might be time to invest in some garage shelving. Since the invention of the automobile, the garage has become an essential part of the home
Many people use their garage to store anything that they can’t or would rather not have in their living space. With valuable space at a premium, people are often forced to keep their lawn mower, gardening implements, tools, sports materials, bicycles and seasonal items in their garage.
In the digital era that we live in, you can find anything online. There are tools to help you with your daily tasks, such as keeping a to-do list, reminders, online cookbooks, and more. There are tools and sites to help you promote your work
If you have a limited amount of budget and at the same time, you also want to renovate and remodel your home, then you can try out these cheap ideas of remodeling your home. It is natural to upgrade your house if you have been living in it for years and years.