3 Popular Kitchen Design Configurations
Redesigning a kitchen typically involves upgrading your kitchen devices, benchtops, and cupboards, but to truly understand the foundation and substance of a kitchen, you and your kitchen builder will often be required to reconsider the configuration and flow of the kitchen itself. A total redesign generally necessitates the reconstruction of the existing kitchen blueprint. When kitchen renovation specialists and builders review all the possible alternatives that are available for kitchen redesigns, they’re often based around several traditional kitchen design configurations, of which three of the most popular ones are listed here.
1) Single Wall Kitchen Design
As the name suggests, the single wall kitchen design involves having all kitchen devices, cupboards and benchtops aligned along a single wall. This particular configuration is very versatile, working well for both larger kitchen spaces as well as those where space is more confined.
- This configuration enables optimal flow, with no interference to kitchen users
- It’s the ultimate open plan style, ensuring that there are no obstructions
- It’s a very straightforward style that is to design and install
- As all utilities are contained along a single wall (piping and electrical mains), this configuration can be constructed in a relatively short amount of time and at a cheaper cost when compared to alternative styles
- Benchtop area is small
- Style doesn’t incorporate the ‘kitchen triangle’, making it less effective than other configurations
- The confined area makes adding kitchen stools a challenge
2) Hallway Kitchen Design
When room is at an absolute premium (villas, units, condominiums), the hallway kitchen design is typically the only kitchen style available. With the hallway configuration, there are two walls opposite from each other, both of which contain the kitchen amenities. The hallway kitchen style can be open at both ends, enabling it to act as a passage between two areas, or it can simply be closed off on one end with another wall, window or set of cupboards, etc.
- With benchtops on either side, this configuration is very effective as it makes use of the kitchen triangle
- This design allows for greater room for benches and cupboards
- User congestion along each of the two benchtops can prove problematic, as the hallway is typically quite confined. Because of this, it’s not an ideal configuration in cases where two people are going to be cooking simultaneously
- If both ends of the kitchen hallway are open, having people traveling through the kitchen area can prove to be a nuisance
- If one wall is closed off, it typically won’t serve a purpose, unless cupboards or wall-mounted items are hung from it
- A lack of room makes it hard to add kitchen stools
3) L-Shaped Kitchen Design
The L-shaped kitchen design is the most common configuration. This design consists of two adjacent walls that support each of the benchtops, cupboards and kitchen devices. As well as this, there are two additional adjacent walls that are open. The L-shaped design is the default style that most kitchen cupboard designers and kitchen renovators utilise when determining the cost of a brand new kitchen design for their client.
- This configuration makes optimal usage of the kitchen triangle
- The L-shape layout delivers improved benchtop room over the single wall and hallway style kitchen configurations
- Ideal for those who wish to add an island bench as you won’t have any cupboards obstructing the positioning of it
- L-shape designs enable the easy inclusion of a bench, table, or stools
- The extremities of the kitchen triangle (such as the distance to the fridge) can often be quite long, making it slightly less convenient than other alternative configurations
- Cupboards located at the edges and along the walls can be hard to reach
Neon signs for the home can be an intriguing concept for those that like to tweak the interior design of their homes often. Neons can be used to express emotions by creating an atmosphere that befits the bedroom, a recreational/entertainment room, or the lounge at home.
When developing a kitchen renovation schedule, many homeowners are required to know the optimal date to begin, so that it can be finished by a particular deadline (an upcoming vacation, a visit from relatives, corporate entertainment event, and so on).
Whenever someone designs their home, they always try to make it different and that’s why they tend to make many mistakes. These mistakes can ruin your home design and that’s why it’s very important to avoid them beforehand.
Marbles are coming back and making a style statement for themselves lately. All thanks to the intricate patterns that grace the marble and are perfect for house interior design. It is not only limited to home décor but is also reaching out to graphics and fashion.
The Minimalism is the right word to describe Nordic Vibes. The Bedrooms that follows the same theme are known for their dreamy and practical looks. It is a perfect combination of neutral colours, cool designs, dark shades and peaceful vibes.
While roller blinds have been extremely popular, shutters have also become more established as a popular choice for window furnishings such as the PVC plantation shutters! If the easy to find day and night roller blinds are just not your cup of tea, shutters just might be the answer so start checking out the wide array of different shutters that are available.
Updating your window furnishings is a quick and easy way to upgrade any space - home or office! Irrespective of whether you’re looking for roller blinds, PVC Plantation Shutters or even the ever-popular day and night roller blinds which give you the best of both worlds,
Most of the interior designers today use and recommend LED lights for those who want to brighten up the vibe in their homes. Why? This is because LED lights have a longer lifespan than any other ordinary lights people usually use before.